Optimize your Seneca getaway at this spacious lakefront vacation rental. Situated on the peninsula of a quiet cove, this deluxe 4-bed, 3-bath home features exquisite lake views from the front and the back. Use the boat dock for a day on the water, enjoy a barbecue on the deck, and cozy up indoors with a movie by the fireplace. When adventure calls, trailblaze through the surrounding state parks, take a unique stroll through Stumphouse Tunnel, and catch a game at Clemson University!
OUTDOOR FUN: Lake Keowee (on-site access), Stamp Creek Landing - public boat launch (1 mile), Yellow Branch Falls (14 miles), Devils Fork State Park (16 miles), Pickens County Park-Mile Creek (16 miles), Oconee State Park (20 miles), Table Rock State Park (30 miles)
AREA ATTRACTIONS: Keowee Brewing Company (14 miles), Stumphouse Tunnel (15 miles), Clemson University (17 miles), South Carolina Botanical Gardens (19 miles), Victoria Valley Vineyards (33 miles)
DAY TRIPS: Cashiers (32 miles), Greenville (40 miles), Great Smoky Mountains National Park (78 miles), Asheville (90 miles), Biltmore (90 miles)
AIRPORT: Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (56 miles)
We are leaving a 3 of 5 rating based on a combination of the good and not so good aspects of this home. The home itself inside is worthy of maybe 4 out of 5. The deck, views, dock, and lake access are a 1 out of 5.
We spent a week here with two other couples. The home is new, clean, and well represented in the photos. All items are new and in great working condition as would be expected in a home less than a year old. The house is relatively small and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th bedrooms are small and very close together on a common hall. The kitchen is well stocked for the most part but not to the level of some other homes we have stayed in on the lake. Towels and linens are low quality and typical of a rental property. Outside, the deck is not covered which limits its usefulness with no shade or rain cover. We never sat outside due to this. The balance of the landscaping is unfinished, areas around the firepit are unlevel and not an appealing spot to sit (overgrown woods, bottom of deck as view). There is little to no lake view. The path down to the dock is relatively steep and not well built.
Lake Access - If you are renting with the intention to bring your boat and spend time going in and out on the lake, this is NOT a preferred location. There is 200+ yards of a very shallow (2-5ft deep) and narrow channel with hidden and visible stumps that must be navigated to reach the dock from the deeper finger of the lake. Once past the shallow channel, there is another significant length of cove that is narrow and lined with docks requiring idle speed boat travel to reach more open water near the stamp creek landing. In all it takes 20mins to travel from the dock to an area where any water sports (Wakeboarding, tubing, skiing, surfing, etc.) could be done. The water around the dock is shallow, dirty, and was full of limbs and debris as this is where a feeder stream comes into the lake. It is not suitable for any type of activity in the water around the dock. This is NOT described in the listing and had we known how bad the lake situation is we would have never rented this home.
Hi John, we’re sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
- We strive to provide our guests with a great guest experience, so we were both surprised and disappointed to hear your feedback.
- The home is 1900 sqft as advertised, and we take our listing accuracy seriously. We use professional photography for the home, so the features you see on the listing are accurately advertised, from the interior to the exterior.
We do not advertise the deck as covered, however, there is a covered porch at the front of the home. Guests are welcome to move chairs from the deck to the porch for additional seating.
- The property sits on a natural wooded area, where the picturesque views of the lake can be seen from the deck and fire pit area. Our guests can sit around the fire pit and enjoy the natural ambiance of their surroundings as reflected in our listing photos.
- The pathway down to the dock does have a slight grade to it (as do many properties on Lake Keowee) and is currently pathed with mulch, however, in the future we are considering adding asphalt to the pathway. In addition, we are always looking at ways to improve the landscape, including potentially trimming some of the tree limbs.
- When guests make us aware they are bringing their boat, we provide directions and the best path to the boat dock. A short part of the channel to the dock can be shallow (typically around 4'-5') but there are approximately 30 other docks/boats in the adjoining cove that utilize this channel with no issues. We are not aware of any hidden or visible stumps through the channel and recently spent some time at the property with our family and had no issues nor did we see any "stumps." The length of the cove that you describe can be traveled through in approximately five minutes and is not a "no wake" zone as you referenced. At the end of that cove, many boats will do tubing, skiing, wakeboarding, wake surfing, etc.. in that area of the lake. The depth around the dock can fluctuate from day to day depending on the pond level but is typically 7 ft deep at the end of the dock with clean water. As with any moving water source, when winds pick up, nature will take its course, and debris can make its way into the water, although this is something completely out of our control, we're sorry if this occurred during your stay.
Thanks for letting us know about your stay!
This house is quite new and is well represented in the listing….what you see is what you get. Kitchen is nice and well stocked. The dock is new as well and very nice, however water is rather shallow in the area around the dock. Obviously this is beyond the homeowners control, but just something to be aware of. Getting in and out of the gated community was easy with the supplied gate code. Can only speak to the master bedroom bed as that is all that we used, but it was very comfortable. All furniture in the house was both comfortable and functional. Only shortcoming furniture wise was that on the dock there are only folding/fabric tailgating style chairs available. Overall we had a very nice stay at this house.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Reach out help with general questions about the property.