It's always a rush to feel the ocean flow over your feet for the first time, and when you stay at this colorful Oak Island condo, that sensation will be just a short 1-block walk away! With 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a fully equipped kitchen, plus a community pool, this vacation rental provides the perfect home base for families and friends seeking easy access to Long Beach and attractions like the Oak Island Lighthouse. You might even venture to Bald Head Island for a change of scenery!
COASTAL PURSUITS: Long Beach (0.3 miles), Oak Island Pier (1.9 miles), Caswell Beach (3.3 miles), Dutchman Creek Park (4.1 miles), Southport (8.8 miles), Waterfront Park (9.0 miles), Bald Head Island (15.1 miles, including ferry ride)
GOLF: Oak Island Golf Club (2.7 miles), Oak Island Par 3 Golf Course At South Harbour (3.9 miles), Carolina National Golf Club (15.4 miles)
HISTORICAL SITES: Oak Island Lighthouse (4.7 miles), Fort Caswell (5.6 miles), North Carolina Maritime Museum at Southport (8.8 miles), Fort Apache (21.5 miles)
FAMILY FUN: Magic Mountain Fun Park (24.0 miles), The Swamp Park Zip Line and ATV Center (29.3 miles), Museum of Bizarre (32.2 miles)
DAY TRIPS: Wilmington (35.2 miles), Myrtle Beach (64.3 miles)
AIRPORT: Wilmington International Airport (35.6 miles)
Condo was very dirty. Sheets and comforter in the master bedroom was clearly unwashed. Several roaches were seen in the condo. The floors were incredibly dirty, leaving our feet black/brown.
Hi Jordan, we want our guests to arrive at a vacation home that is 100% ready for their stay, so we take the cleanliness of our properties seriously! We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
- We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay. We recently took over the management of this unit, and we will be having a serious conversation with our cleaning crew to ensure such issues do not recur. Additionally, we've also started using a new cleaning product specifically for the floors to enhance cleanliness.
- We recently purchased new comforters for the condo, ensuring that our guests enjoy the utmost comfort during their visit.
- Besides our regular cleaning procedures, we've taken extra measures to ensure a pest-free environment. The unit now undergoes professional pest control treatment twice a month, with additional random sprays in specific areas, and we set bait traps as a preventive measure. These treatments are carried out at least one day before guest arrival to allow any chemicals to air out, ensuring they do not impact our guests' experience.
Please know that we take all guest concerns very seriously and deeply value your feedback. Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We are fully committed to making necessary improvements to enhance the overall guest experience.
Location was fantastic! Super close to beach access. Parking is very difficult to find, no way two cars can fit. I highly recommend the owner takes photos of parking spot or spots. We could only find one. It is not under the condos, but on the side of another building.
Also, in information in condo it says there is a storage unit with beach stuff to use. States the storage is under the condo. It is no where to be found. I think the owner should also take a photo and explain where to find it!
However, we really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely go back!
Kim, The owners are committed to making every guest experience enjoyable, and we look forward to this home hosting many happy travelers!
Owner's response: "We are happy that you enjoyed the close access to the beach. Thank you for your feedback and suggestions we will consider them.
- We're sorry that the parking did not work for you. We do provide 2 designated spots as well as visitor parking spots for your use.
- We do not list or have storage with beach items.
We truly go above and beyond for our guests, and are confident that future guests will have excellent stays! We will continue to deliver the 5-star experiences we are known for."
My wife and I enjoyed our stay this past weekend at this spacious condo. We love Oak Island and were happy to stumble upon this listing for a condo with a view of the ocean. The walk to the beach was only a few minutes and we were conveniently located nearby the places to shop and eat at on the island. I'm sure we will be returning in the future.
The condo is very nice. Don't count on working from there. My husband could not use the wifi as advertised.
Overall stay was just ok. Found out when arrived that pool was closed, this information was not in listing. Bathroom was not clean (hair in shower). Couch was dirty and dingy. Listing indicates beach chairs were provided so we didn’t bring any only to discover they didn’t have any. We talked to property manager who indicated if we bought some owner would reimburse, owner did not reimburse for chairs even though we left them at the house. View was nice and beds were comfortable.
Reach out help with general questions about the property.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.