Map out your Smoky Mountain Escape to this tastefully furnished 2-bedroom, 2-bath vacation rental located just under 4 miles from the heart of Maggie Valley! This peaceful residence features a collection of modern art inspired by the area, Smart TVs, fireplaces, stunning mountain views, as well as multiple outdoor seating areas on different decks around this modern property. Explore the mountains, visit the Cataloochee Ski Area, or simply enjoy a BBQ at this inviting North Carolina home base!
EXPLORE NATURE: Soco Falls (3.0 miles), Waterrock Knob (6.8 miles), Polls Gap Trail Parking (10.3 miles), Oconaluftee Island Park (13.7 miles), Purchase Knob Trailhead (15.7 miles), Oconaluftee River Trail Trailhead (15.8 miles), Newton Bald Trail Trailhead (19.0 miles), Cataloochee Valley Overlook (21.7 miles), Deep Creek Trail Trailhead (22.5 miles), Pinnacle Park (25.9 miles), Richland Balsam Nature Loop Trail (26.4 miles)
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS: Blue Ridge Parkway (1.9 miles), Maggie Valley - Main Street (3.7 miles), Maggie Valley Fly Shop (5.2 miles), Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum (5.5 miles), Downtown Waynesville (13.5 miles), Downtown Asheville (39.0 miles), Biltmore Estate (40.2 miles)
GOLF THE DAY AWAY: Maggie Valley Club (7.7 miles), Lake Junaluska Golf Course (11.4 miles), Laurel Ridge Country Club (14.8 miles), Sequoyah National Golf Club (15.8 miles), Smoky Mountain Country Club (20.4 miles)
WINTER ACTIVITIES: Tube World (3.7 miles), Cataloochee Ski Area (7.5 miles), Ski Sapphire Valley (54.5 miles), Moonshine Mountain Snow Tubing Park (59.0 miles), Wolf Ridge Ski Resort (68.4 miles)
AIRPORTS: Asheville Regional Airport (43.8 miles), Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (94.6 miles)
We greatly enjoyed our stay here. View was gorgeous. Hot tub was great. Not far from town.
This cabin is modern with great outdoor space. Really secluded feel in the summer but there are homes in the area nearby. A 5-minute gravel road trip gets you to the cabin, and, as stated in property specs, stairs get you up to the main level. Not a problem for us. The kitchen was decently stocked with utensils, pans and skillets, towels and sheets were clean and comfy. The upstairs mattress was way too soft for us, but we slept pretty well. The view is to the east which makes for a beautiful sunrise experience. We would stay here again.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Some simple things could be done to improve the place. For example
- Put a sign at the end of the driveway pointing the way. It's confusing, especially in the dark.
- Replace the upstairs mattress because it's time
- Provide more staples like paper towels, dishwasher soap, etc.
Hi Brian, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. Your feedback is essential to us, and we've relayed your comments to the homeowner, who would like to address the following:
- The house is within a wildlife sanctuary and, consequently, signage is restricted. As a result, we have prominently positioned the house number at the end of the driveway, ensuring easy visibility
- Specific instructions are also provided after booking regarding the best route to the house and the exact location of the driveway entrance. Other signage is not permitted within the sanctuary so that the beauty of the natural landscape is not disturbed
- While we try to accommodate all guests' comfort, we're sorry the mattress didn't meet your preferences. Upon receiving your comments, we conducted an evaluation of the upstairs mattress, which is only two years old. After spending a week at the property and testing the mattress, we confirmed that it remains in excellent condition. As a result, there is no need for a replacement at this time
- We appreciate your feedback regarding the need for additional staple products such as paper towels and dish soap. Typically, our cleaning team provides these items, ensuring an adequate supply for several days or more. They have taken necessary steps to replenish the inventory and have implemented a plan to prevent similar issues from arising in the future
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review.
Very clean and new furnishes. Decorated very tastefully and pretty. Well stocked kitchen and beach towels to go in the hot tub that was ready for use. Love the upstairs/downstairs separate living, bedroom and bathroom set up. Will go back!
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
We absolutely loved this beautiful mountain house! The views from the spacious deck are spectacular, and the hot tub was clean and ready for us to jump in! There were plenty of beach towels and bath towels.
The whole house was spotless with very attractive decor; it looks like it came from a design magazine!
The kitchen was impressive with well stocked spices, utensils and cookware.
The only picky things that were missing was aluminum foil, saran wrap, plastic bags and a dish scrubber.
The beds were very comfortable, the bathrooms spacious, and the location on top of mountain was dreamy.
We look forward to coming back and highly recommend this serene vacay home!
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.