Let this lakefront gem immerse you in the natural beauty of Vermont's Green Mountains! Situated on Little Lake with easy access to Lake St. Catherine, ski resorts, and historical sites, this vacation rental offers endless opportunities for you and your loved ones. Those seeking to relax can lounge on the deck while history buffs will love exploring the quaint town of Manchester! Reconvene at this 4-bedroom, 3.5-bath Wells home to enjoy a family barbecue and roast s’mores around the fire pit.
ON THE WATER: Little Lake (on-site), Lake St. Catherine State Park (4.3 miles), Half Moon Pond State Park (20.9 miles), Lake George (35.2 miles)
GREAT OUTDOORS: Lake St. Catherine Country Club (4.4 miles), Endless Brook Trailhead (4.9 miles), Equinox Golf Resort & Spa (22.2 miles), Lye Brook Falls (22.8 miles), Taconic Ramble State Park (23.5 miles), Shelving Rock Falls (33.2 miles), Fox Run Golf Club (37.3 miles)
SKI & SNOWBOARD: Birdseye Mountain Ski Area (19.1 miles), Bromley Mountain Ski Resort (29.3 miles), Okemo Mountain Resort (38.7 miles), Stratten Ski Resort (44.3 miles), Killington Ski Area & Golf Course (44.9 miles), Gore Mountain (62.5 miles)
ATTRACTIONS: Whaleback Vineyard (5.7 miles), Town of Manchester (21.3 miles), Hildene, The Lincoln Family Home (23.5 miles), Wonderfeet Kid's Museum (27.9 miles), Six Flags Great Escape (32.6 miles), Magic Forest (33.0 miles)
AIRPORTS: Rutland Southern Vermont Regional Airport (27.5 miles), Albany International Airport (73.2 miles)
Our family thoroughly enjoyed spending a week at this house - very relaxing quiet vacation surrounded by natural beauty.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
The house had not been cleaned, beds made etc when we arrived later than the appointed time. It took us over an hour to get a response and then 2 more hours for cleaners to arrive. It was after 11 pm by the time we could use the house. No criticism of the cleaners. Then a day later, there were bats in the house. We thought the bats were gone but they showed up that night. The owner sent someone over. Overall it seemed as if having a management company to deal with between the owner and vrbo, made communication much more difficult than is our experience with vrbo homes.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi, we want our guests to arrive at a vacation home that is 100% ready for their stay, so we take the cleanliness of our properties seriously! We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
- We strive to provide our guests with a great guest experience, so we're disappointed your stay didn't fully meet your expectations and want to take a moment to address your concerns.
- We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. There was a miscommunication on our part and we take full responsibility. As soon as we were aware of the issue we promptly responded and coordinated to have the cleaning team come to the property as soon as possible. Again, we sincerely apologize and hope that the refund of the cleaning fee made up for the inconvenience.
- Due to the location of the property being on the lakefront, certain critters are prevalent in the area, and if doors are not kept closed they can make their way into the home. When you made us aware of the issue, we promptly responded, but when we came to address the issue you said it was "ok." We take as many preventive measures as we can such as low frequency boxes placed around the house, Owl and dog structures placed on the outside as well as a low level flashing orange light to deter woodland animals. We're truly sorry that this happened during your stay.
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review.
Positives: Jeremy, the owner, was responsive when we had questions prior to our stay. He provided a canoe for us to use, which was not in the original listing. The landscaping and plantings were beautiful, some of the nicest we've seen in a rental.
The property has very nice views of Lake Catherine, the beds were comfortable and the main floor kitchen and dining room were well laid out and spacious. The kitchen was well stocked.
Negatives: The outside of the building was filthy, covered in cobwebs with dead bugs. The walkway at the entrance side of the building was dirty with lots of mold. Clearly, the exterior had not been cleaned in weeks, if not months.
The living area, by the TV, had no coffee table nor side tables. Thus, no place to put drinks, books, etc. There was no mirror in a downstairs bathroom, necessitating us, every morning and evening, hauling all our toiletries, hair products, etc. upstairs to the laundry room/powder room at the other end of the house (it had a small mirror). There were no bedside tables, dressers, chairs or any table in the downstairs bedroom with single beds (medications, jewelry, eyeglasses, clothes, everything sat on the floor or went back in the suitcase; extremely awkward for 6 days). There is no outside eating area - a table & some chairs would have been nice. There were no waste baskets in 2 of the bathrooms nor in any bedroom.
The outside decks were not clean on arrival day; lots of pine needles. The dock was covered in duck/goose poop, on arrival day. (We do understand that things happening after we arrive, due to wind, rain, ducks, etc. are not his fault.) The white chairs on the lower deck were very dirty.
We also had some unfortunate one-time issues, including the downstairs kitchen trash can which had not been emptied and contained a dirty diaper.
These are fixable issues, that hopefully future renters will not encounter.
People should be aware that Little St. Catherine lake is not swimmable - it is shallow with lots of lilies. It is very nice for a canoe or kayak ride. Also, this is a west-facing property so the afternoon sun shines on the decks, with minimal shade. Lastly, there is very weak phone service in the house; you may need to walk to the end of the dock, or up the driveway for a stronger signal.
Hi Carl, we passed your comments on to the homeowner who would like to share the following: We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional experience with us and provide high standards of hospitality. Thank you for sharing your positive insight on the views and the amenities we provide! We sincerely apologize that the stay did not meet our guest's expectations. We take all feedback seriously and have thoroughly investigated the areas of concern.
- We strive to offer the best rental experience. The front's current condition is due to heavy rain in the past weeks, but we make sure to clean the deck and walls weekly to maintain the property. Regarding the chairs, we do our best to maintain them and keep them cleaned and blown off once a week. On the main deck, we have a couch with a table that guests can use for dining. In addition, we also provided lounge chairs with side tables to eat on.
- In regards to not having a side table by the kid's bunk, we usually try to keep that area clean and simple for kids to use. Guest can rest assured that we take your feedback seriously and as the mirror issue is easily fixable, we will address this immediately.
- As we value the cleanliness of the home, we apologize if any cleanliness issues impacted your stay. It is a common standard that our cleaners remove all trash and we will share the feedback to avoid any similar concerns in the future.
- Guests are free to enjoy the small lake as swimming is permitted. Both my family and I have enjoyed swimming in it. It is connected to the larger part of the lake, making it a safe and enjoyable swimming area. We suggest people wear swimming footwear while swimming in the lake.
- The Wi-Fi signal works well at the lake, but its strength may vary around the house due to factors beyond our control. That's precisely why we offer Wi-Fi, so you can use Wi-Fi to call in areas with weaker signals. Please keep in mind that our property is a country lake house in Vermont, and the connectivity may differ.
We truly go above and beyond for our guests, and we are confident that future guests will have excellent stays.
Loved the quiet and peaceful setting. The place is well kept and made our stay very comfortable. The host was easy to communicate to and very responsive.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.