Pack your bags and head to Granbury for an unforgettable trip! This luxurious 5-bedroom, 3-bathroom vacation rental home is located right on Lake Granbury — the perfect retreat for a lake-loving family. The extended deck and boat dock are ideal for easy lake access and endless opportunities for fun on the water. Enjoy fishing on-site, exploring Granbury Town Square, visiting Granbury City Beach Park, or spending a day in Fort Worth, all from this top-notch Texas home base.
LAKE LIFE: Lake Granbury - fishing, swimming, boating, kayaking, canoeing, tubing, water skiing (on-site), Rough Creek Park (6 miles), Lake Granbury Marina (7 miles)
MORE FUN OUTDOORS: Squaw Valley Golf Course (19 miles), Dinosaur Valley State Park (28 miles), Fossil Rim Wildlife Center (28 miles)
GRANBURY SQUARE PLAZA (~3 miles): Granbury Opera House, Langdon Center Concert Hall, Hope Boutique, Madeline Woods Boutique, Market On the Square, Hood County Museum
DAY IN FORT WORTH (~50 miles): Fort Worth Zoo, Downtown Fort Worth, Fort Worth Botanic Garden, Fort Worth Stockyards Station
AIRPORT: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (71 miles)
The house has a beautiful layout and decor but could use some TLC regarding maintenance. Well stocked kitchen and spice cabinet. Beautiful views and large windows to brighten the rooms. Plumbing was a problem but the property owners were highly responsive when problem occurred.
What a wonderful relaxing place.
We will come back.
We had a couple of questions and the communication with Angie was immediate and pleasant.
Our family was excited about staying here for a wedding nearby. While the lake views are impressive, it seems that management or ownership is no longer maintaining this property and ignoring potential liabilities. Some of the issues we ran into and noted:
1) The outdoor deck seems unsafe, with multiple boards deteriorating and potential trip hazards.
2) The flooring at the top of the stairs is cracked and the upstairs tub seems to be sinking -- possible foundation issues
3) While linens and fixtures were clean, the rest of the home was not. Dust, bugs, fridge and freezer, cabinet interiors, etc. None appear to have been cleaned in months.
4) Coffeemaker would only trickle; needs replacement as do some of the basic kitchen items.
5) Whole house has very low pressure and only cold water in 2 of the bathrooms. Shower one at a time.
Overall it looks tired, with debris on the front porch, worn doormats and lots of cobwebs.
We enjoyed the views of the water and the large living area, but would not stay here again due to all the deferred maintenance and potential hazards.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Matt, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. Your feedback is essential to us, and we've relayed your comments to the homeowner, who would like to address the following:
- Thank you for choosing to stay in our Granbury, Texas lakefront home and leaving a review, as guest feedback is vitally important to us and the success of our vacation rental business.
- The mention of an unsafe deck has been promptly addressed. We've replaced the one board that needed it and secured any loose ones to ensure safety.
- Regarding the cracked floor and the tub issue upstairs, we've reviewed this and found no structural problems. The upstairs floor will be replaced for aesthetic reasons within the year.
- We apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced. Our regular house cleaner was unavailable due to a medical issue, and subcontractors didn't meet our usual cleaning standards. This has been resolved.
- We've completed a review of all kitchen items, replacing any missing or damaged ones. We also have two backup coffee makers on the property, and we will update their location in the listing.
- The water pressure issue was due to a neighbor's leak in their pipes, affecting our well system. This has been fixed, and the water pressure is back to normal.
- We'll address the cobwebs and have replaced the doormats to improve the overall experience.
We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we are committed to ensuring a better experience next time. Thank you for choosing our property for your stay.
Girls short trip and Granbury is nice. The house had great views and would have loved sitting outside if it was not so hot. The house was charming on the inside and enough bedrooms for us. Beds were comfy.
The house was not clean and found much mouse droppings inside. The towels were stained and no mirrors in bedrooms. Street appeal would have been improved by mowing and pick up trash on front porch.
But overall we felt safe and the a/c was nuce and cool
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Denice, thanks for letting us know about your stay. We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they would like to share the following:
-We're pleased to hear that you found the beds comfortable and enjoyed the view and the new air conditioners.
-We apologize for the oversight regarding pests during your stay. We have a monthly exterminator service in place, and they have not found any evidence of mice. Sometimes, geckos may enter the home, and their markings can resemble rodent droppings. Nevertheless, we take this matter seriously, and we will promptly request the exterminator to address any concerns.
-We apologize for the stained towels you encountered during your stay. We will instruct our house cleaner to thoroughly inspect and replace any stained towels with fresh ones to ensure a more pleasant experience for our guests in the future.
-Regrettably, mirrors in the bedrooms have been damaged by previous guests multiple times, posing safety hazards. For this reason, we have made the decision to remove the mirrors. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but our guests' safety is our top priority.
-We typically coordinate with our lawn service to mow the yard when guests are not present to avoid any inconvenience. We acknowledge that the grass was longer than usual during your stay, as the yard was mowed on the day of your check-out. We appreciate your feedback, and we will work with our team to ensure a more timely yard maintenance schedule and better trash cleanup in the future.
We value your input and will use your comments to improve our services. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to provide you with an even more comfortable and enjoyable experience during your next visit.
The first thing this trip has taught me is to read reviews thoroughly before booking. I thought because the property has more than a 4 star rating that was a good sign however during our stay I decided to go back and read the reviews & many of the people who left 4 stars mentioned how unclean the house was. For me, that is not a 4 star rating. If we were at a hotel and the room was unclean we would ask for a different room. The uncleanliness is unacceptable. We were on this trip for my husbands 65th birthday and we feel our time was impacted newrly ruined due to the condition and state of the house. We had to spend a lot of time cleaning and working on air conditioning. When we arrived someone tripped on a loose rock walking in and then open the door to find half used toilet paper rolls and used bed linens piled up in a living room chair. Turned the corner and more linens were on the stairs and half used paper towel rolls. Dirty cleaning rag on the coffee table. Spilled coffee on bottom of coffee table. Heavy stains on couches. Cobwebs on stair banister. Grease & food left in pots & pans. Stains on comforter, holes in other confortors and hair all over sheets. Dryer smells as if something is burning. In the dukes it says to take out all trash upon leaving in the large bins outside but they were jammed full. It’s illegal to dump trash on other property so I guess we are expected to drive with it for 4 hours. Mildewed water leaking down the wall from the a/c system. It took us 10+ hours to cool the uostairs ac beflow 78 &days to get it to a comfortable sleeping temperature. The downstairs a/c was a little better but not much.This would be vital information to provide ppl before having them agree to pay to stay in your home. I wouldn’t stay in my own home if it were above 76 degrees.There was a very dangerous safety hazard on the boat dock/deck. I would not recommend anyone stepping into that thing. We noticed it the first day and were unable to utilize it. There are several support poles that are almost completely rotted in half. One of the poles is completely split in half and just resting on the bottom part hanging half way off. There are also large rocks on the rock steps heading down to the dock that are loose and no warning. Floor in upstairs area overlooking living room and has gaps in it. is sinking in &coming apart Amenities listed as being offered in garage are piled up and thrown about the garage. Reached out to company during stay-still 0 response
Hi Mita, we want our guests to rest easy when they stay with us, and we apologize that you experienced some issues during your trip. We followed up with the owner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
- We use a cleaning service to have the home professionally cleaned before each guest's arrival. It is our standard practice to replace any empty paper goods and we apologize that there were supplies and sheets left out. We wish you had reached out to the Guest Contact during your stay if there were any issues you needed addressing. We would have done everything we could to resolve them immediately so that you could enjoy the home. Additionally, your cleanliness concerns will be passed along to our cleaning crew to ensure future guests do not run into the same issues.
- Due to the trash service coming on Thursdays, there ended up being trash left from the guests who checked out on the morning of your stay. We apologize if this negatively impacted your stay. We'll make sure to have the cleaning crew notify us when the trashes are full.
- It is our goal to provide a comfortable environment for our guests. We replaced an air-conditioned unit within the month of your stay. We have also added mini splits to the living room. We will have a service technician verify the functionality of the unit that was not recently replaced. The water on the wall was from one of the mini splits that was previously clogged. The damage to the wall will be addressed as soon as possible.
- Thank you for bringing the loose rock on the stairs to our attention. This has been repaired.
- Regarding the abnormal smell on the dryer, we will have this looked at. We wish that we would have had the opportunity to address this issue during your stay as there were phone calls, texts and emails.
- New couches were on order and unfortunately were not delivered in time for your stay.
- We were unaware of the issue on the dock, but it will be repaired within the next few weeks. Rest assured, there is no danger for our future guests.
- It is regrettable that we were not given the opportunity to rectify these issues during your stay. We make great strides to address any issues as soon as possible. While we apologize for the issues you encountered, we feel that the refund was a fair resolution and are confident that this home will host many satisfied guests.
Thanks for your valuable feedback as we continue to improve!