Get ready for mesmerizing sunsets over the intracoastal waterway when you book this lovely 3-bedroom, 2-bath Topsail Beach vacation rental! Perfectly situated just a stone’s throw from the shore, this home provides the ultimate setting for coastal adventures. Take a walk along the Jolly Roger Pier, hop aboard a charter like All American Fishing Charters, or explore miles of sandy beaches. After fun-filled days, step out onto the upper balcony and take in breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean.
FUN IN THE SUN: Public Beach Access (walking distance), Jolly Roger Pier (1 mile), Crews Avenue Beach Access (1 mile), Sea Haven Beach (13 miles), North Topsail Beach Town Park (17 miles), Seaview Pier (18 miles)
LOCAL EATS: Jolly Roger Inn & Pier (1 mile), Beach Shop & Grill (2 miles), Breezeway Restaurant (2 miles), Topsail Steamer (7 miles), Shaka Taco (8 miles)
SEA EXCURSIONS: A&B Saltwater Adventures (1 mile), All American Fishing Charters (24 miles), Reel Cranky Fishing Charters (25 miles)
AIRPORT: Wilmington International Airport (38 miles)
First, if you want a house close to the beach and views of the sound then this house has it. However, that is where the positives stop. Upon getting to the house you realize the pictures are taken from afar and do not show all of the stains and peeling paint. Inside the house is not much better. You need to make your beds, which is not a problem. The problem is our mattress pad had a giant stain that went through to the mattress. We had to wash this ourselves in order to sleep on the bed, which removed the stain. This tells me the mattress pad was never washed which really puts overall cleanliness in question. Dishwasher detergent trap does not in fact open, so after we ate on the plates we realized that we were probably eating on plates and silverware that were not clean. Also, do not go on the top level back porch. The salt air has corroded the door latch so you need to pull very hard on the door to get it open, or else you are stuck.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Shawn, The homeowners were surprised to read your review, as they are accustomed to providing 5-star experiences, and would like to clarify the following: We strive to ensure that our guests have a comfortable stay with us and provide high standards of hospitality. Thank you for sharing your positive insight on the location and views!
- As we aim for transparency, we use professional photography for the home, so the features you see on the listing are accurately advertised.
- We informed you that there were spare mattress pads in the downstairs bedroom. However, because your child was asleep, you opted not to get it. In understanding your concern, we graciously provided you with compensation for the oversight regarding the mattress pad.
- With Evolve, it is standard policy that vacation rentals do not perform bed turnovers.
- Communication is important to us and we do our best to provide an exceptional experience. If you were not satisfied, communicating that with us could have given us the opportunity to assist you further or provide options for another accommodation with Evolve.
We truly go above and beyond for our guests, and we are confident that future guests will have excellent stays.
It was the perfect house for our family to get together and enjoy some quiet time at the beach. We will definitely visit again!!
Overall we had a wonderful stay; however, the house definitely has some issues. It appears that maybe the maintenance company is not keeping up with the overall maintenance of the house. Below are some of the issues we noted:
- The Ice Machine in the fridge was completely broken upon arrival - the tray had a giant hole in it and the ice machine was turned off (without notice). The contact did offer to bring us bags of ice, but we chose to put a bowl in the freezer to catch the ice and turn the machine back on (with approval).
- We tried to put the blind in the room with 2 beds up to let in sunlight and as soon as we touched the blind it fell off the wall. It appeared it wasn't installed into the brackets correctly.
- The hook for the outdoor shower latch is rotted on the door and doesn't stay in, so you have to use something to keep the door closed.
- The air filter for the AC unit is beyond disgusting, which eventually could cause serious issues to the HVAC. It appears it hasn't been changed in well over a year.
- My 6 year old son was walking down the outdoor stairs and one of the boards literally fell off, almost causing him to fall about 5 steps to the ground. Fortunately he was able to catch himself.
- There were a few rusty nails and a rusty hook right outside the bottom door. Not sure how this wasn't spotted by cleaning crew.
With all that being said, it was a phenomenal location. The AC worked well, and the decks were fantastic for evening relaxing. I would stay here again, I just hope that they are able to perform an upkeep of the property before someone gets hurt or something major breaks.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.