Located just a few miles from hiking, skiing, and the shores of Lake Michigan, this Petoskey vacation rental is the perfect home base for outdoor-loving groups! It's also close to downtown Petoskey where you can dine, shop, and play along the Bear River. In the winter, shred the slopes at Nubs Nob Ski Resort or Boyne Mountain Resort. After your adventure-filled day, return to the 5-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom home for a home-cooked meal and family movie night on the Smart TV.
DOWNTOWN PETOSKEY (~5 miles): Bayfront Park - Little Traverse Bay, riverfront activities, restaurants & cafes, breweries, shopping
WINTER FUN: Petoskey Winter Sports Park (6 miles), Nubs Nob Ski Resort (15 miles), Boyne Mountain Resort (18 miles)
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE: East Park (3 miles), Bear River Valley Recreation Area (5 miles), Petoskey State Park (10 miles), Fisherman's Island State Park (18 miles), Gaylord State Forest Area (21 miles)
AIRPORT: Cherry Capital Airport (63 miles)
Great place and location. One issue we encountered. There was not enough garbage bags available at the property and there was some kind of animal that went through the trash as it was placed outside per the instructions.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
I really wish I could give 0 stars. Aside from the responsiveness of the caretaker, this was a terrible experience for my entire family.
1) No air conditioning should be WAY more prominent in all of the booking procedures and on the listing. Especially when someone is booking for the summer. Sleeping upstairs where 4/5 bedrooms were, was u up unbearable.
2) All of the games were missing pieces and they were completely unusable. This is such a small thing, but i mention it so that the owners throw them out and get new ones.
3) All of the dishes were filthy. Its not that big of a deal to wash them, but it made me question how dirty everything else was. It was really gross. They were FILTHY.
4) There were no curtains on the windows in several bedrooms. Not only did this make the bedrooms even more hot and muggy than they already were...Waking up in bedrooms upstairs was awful because the sun came in right in my eyes first thing in the morning. You need black out curtains in the bed rooms. The windows that did have coverings were only mad of lace and completely see through. Get something that blocks the light.
5) None of the top plugs worked in ANY of the outlets upstairs. All of the guests sleeping upstairs brought it up. This was extremely Inconvenient. We rented this house for a wedding nearby. Since no one warned us. The first night, I plugged my phone in at night (in the top outlet) and it died while I was sleeping. So if not for the sunlight blinding me in the morning (because there were no shades) I could have slept through the breakfast wedding meeting we had planned. We also couldn't plug in anything to get ready for the wedding. I only got directions that I have to flip the light switch on to get the outlets to work after I texted asking if maybe a fuse was blown.
6) this is a 5 bedroom home that sleeps six people and after one short shower in the morning, all of the hot water was gone. If you are going to have an rental, you should have a bigger water heater. Again, just unacceptable. We had 6 people sleeping here and we couldn't take warm showers to get ready for a wedding. The father and brothers of the groom were staying here and had to take freezing showers.
We all had a really bad experience in this home and want to forget about it, honestly. If it weren't for wanting to warn people, I would never leave a review so I could just forget it faster.
Be warned people. Do not rent this house. It was a nightmare.
Tara, the right vacation home is everything, and we're disappointed if this wasn't the one for you. We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
-We’ve confirmed the listing does state that this property does not have air conditioning. We encourage guests to thoroughly review the listing before booking, to ensure they find the perfect vacation home for their needs
-We found the previous guest did not put the games away properly. As we are unable to count every game piece between stays we will no longer advertise games as an included amenity
-We checked the dishes after your stay and found one dirty pan at the bottom of a cupboard with clean pans nested inside it. Our cleaning team assures us that they check the dishes they take out of the dishwasher. We have a very well-stocked kitchen and it would be hard to check every seemingly unused dish at every turnover
-Our listings are carefully built to reflect our properties in an accurate light and we use professional photos so guests have an idea of what to expect. There is one single side window in an upstairs bedroom with no curtain
-The outlets are on switches, as there are no overhead lights in the bedrooms. We responded immediately to your concerns. We have since added a page in the welcome book regarding the switches to help with any confusion
-The property has had 10 guests and we have never received any complaints about the hot water
-While we want our guests to enjoy their stay here, we also need them to respect our house rules and treat the property as their own. After your departure, we were shocked and disappointed to see the condition the home was left in
While we do regret our home was not up to your expectations, we are happy to report that no issues were reported by the guests who stayed the following weekend. As is evidenced by the many great reviews, these owners are accustomed to providing five-star experiences, and we look forward to this property hosting many happy travelers!
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.