Immerse yourself in the pine tree-covered forest of Harmony with this peaceful vacation rental. This idyllic 3-bedroom, 1-bathroom cabin sits steps away from Mainstream Pond, offering all the makings for a relaxing getaway complete with scenic waterfront views, a private dock, a cozy interior, and more. Unwind on the deck with a cup of coffee to ease into a full day of rafting, exploring Devils Head, or taking a moose tour. Then, take the kayak out for a stunning sunset float across the lake!
MAINSTREAM POND (on-site): Kayaking, canoeing, boating, fishing, beaver lodges
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE: Siesta Sanctuary - Assisted Living for Retired Parrots (2 miles), Devils Head (13 miles), Houston Brook Falls (35 miles), Mount Philip Trailhead (42 miles), Perch Pond Recreational Trails (42 miles)
DAY TRIPS: Belfast (53 miles), Acadia National Park (88 miles), Bar Harbor (92 miles), Portland (114 miles)
AIRPORTS: Bangor International Airport (47 miles), Portland International Airport (117 miles)
We did not enjoy our stay at all! We had no idea how far it was off the main road and had to call the property manager and she assured us we were on the right road. We finally found the chain link fence but could not locate the mailbox for the keys. I thought a mailbox would be beside the road. We called the property manager a second time and she did not answer. I finally found the mailbox on the fence behind a branch. We arrived after dark and quickly found out that the end of the right railing was rotten. The outside light did not work! The first night we discovered that at least three of of the uprights on the spiral staircase were not connected to the handle!! Very scary! The king bed upstairs was not made nor were there any sheets there to make the bed!!! In the morning we found a cigarette butt on the railing and was a little uneasy as to if someone was out there during the night. The kitchen window had dried on what I think was spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the frame and some on the screen. There were multiple cobwebs on the wall next to the stove. The bathroom had a large cobweb by the tub and you could see where dirt has collected at the corner of the tub. I am concerned that the black we saw in the inside of the bathroom window and on the seal was black mold. My husband became I’ll and was not able to attend the wedding we had come here for!!! Once we left in a day or so he started to feel better. I regret ever renting this!!!!
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Betty, we want all of our guests to rest easy when they stay with us, and we're sorry that you experienced some issues during your trip. We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to clarify the following:
- During your check-in, our guest contact received your call and promptly assisted in helping you locate the house. However, we did not receive any further communication from you throughout your stay.
- The black mailbox is visibly hanging on the chainlink gate, and previous guests haven't encountered difficulties in locating it.
- The deck was replaced last year, and all of the wood used is new. We have thoroughly inspected the deck and found no evidence of rotting boards or railings.
- We left the outside light on for you in case you arrived after dark. We apologize if the bulb burned out after our departure. Had we been informed of the issue, we could've shown you where to find a replacement bulb. We would've been more than happy to stop by and assist with changing it too.
- Our property manager has used the spiral staircase numerous times throughout the season and has confirmed its good working condition with no issues.
- We apologize for the oversight of not making all the beds for your check-in. Since the reservation was made for one guest, we only made up the king bed downstairs. Going forward, we'll ensure the property is fully prepared in guest-ready condition.
- Regarding your concerns with cleanliness, we've passed your feedback along to our property manager who looked closely into all of your concerns.
- Before your check-in, she ensured thorough cleaning, including dusting, vacuuming, removing fingerprints from all windows, and mopping both upstairs and downstairs floors. The kitchen and bathroom were cleaned to our high standards, including the tub and appliances.
- She put out clean towels, and the king bed in the primary downstairs bedroom was freshly made up, considering only one guest was registered on the reservation.
- We're sorry that your husband fell ill during your trip, and we want to express our sympathy. However, we don't believe there is any connection between his illness and our property. Given the changing seasons during your stay, external factors could have played a role.
- We wish you had reached out to the guest contact or Evolve during your stay to address any issues you were experiencing. We would have done everything we could to resolve them immediately so that you could enjoy the home.
We do all we can to make the best possible stay, and we look forward to this property hosting many satisfied guests.
This cabin was exactly what we were looking for! We had a great weekend in this beautiful and cozy cabin on the lake and our 2 young boys had a great time. We took the canoe out and dressed warm since it’s fall. We kayak on a regular basis and found this to be one of the most beautiful spots we have been. We loved that it’s secluded in the woods and everything was fully stocked with pots and pans. We also made a puzzle and played some games since there were so many in the cabin.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
The property was wonderful. Only problem, dirty sheets, rocks & grape jelly in one bed. But other than that a wonderful stay & great time had by all!
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
This house is very secluded and quiet on a very long, rocky, rutty road. It would be beneficial to know this ahead of time, as I had a car and the road is definitely designed for a truck, even though I did manage with my car. The house is very clean and came with all kinds of amenities such as; cookware, utensils, a full size fridge, stove, towels/washcloths, comfortable beds/linen, wifi, and TVS with Roku access. There is also a nice dock with an area to fish, a few boats, fishing poles, and an area to have a fire.
The only two flaws that I would point out during my stay was the fact that the stove did not work as it was not hooked up to gas and needed to be serviced. This was not mentioned upon arrival to the house. I contacted the owners and they were responsive but, unable to get it fixed until our last day.
The second thing that needs attention is the deck. It is dangerous, with several areas that the boards are soft and someone could get seriously injured. I also told the owners about this and they said they would contact their deck guy to take a look.
The owners did offer a free weekend to stay at the home, in lieu of the stove not working. However, they tried to put stipulations on how many guest I could have and said that their cleaning lady spent 4 hours cleaning when we stayed in August, so this time it could only be my husband and I for the free weekend as they would be responsible to pay the cleaning lady, as it wasn't a booking made through Evolve, which would normally be included in the price when booking. Also, they provided wash cloths and towels but then told me that I should have brought them to the Harmony General Store which has a laundry mat, so I could wash and dry and return the towels clean and put away. I thought this was absurd because I am on vacation and if they didn’t want people using them, they shouldn’t be provided to begin with. Mind you it was myself, my husband, my daughter and niece for the 5 days we were there.
We did end up going back in September and I was disappointed to see that the deck had no been fixed and there was a metal like ramp thing over one of the holes by the front door. Also the doc was put away and there wasn’t really any room to have a fire with the dock being on shore.
Overall it was an alright experience but there are some things that need addressing and to be more clear about this location.
Hi Mariah, We always appreciate feedback from our guests, but we were disappointed to see this review after the owner went above and beyond to accommodate you:
- Although the road does not belong to the owner, they still paid $2,000 out of pocket to fix it from the top of the hill down
- The stove was replaced with a new electric model, and the owner gave you a 3-day complimentary stay to make up for the gas stove not being available during your first visit
- The owner fixed the boards that were a safety concern, and they are replacing the entire deck before summer 2022
- In addition, they've added a heat exchanger which cools in the summer and heats in September & October
- They'd also like to clarify that the dock is not pulled up until after the cabin is closed for the season in October
-There were concerns about the cleaning fee for your complimentary stay since the mess you left in the cabin in August required 4 additional hours from the cleaner and the removal of 3 full garbage cans of beer bottles & cans
Travelers can see that this location is secluded before they book; we note it in the headline as well as on the listing map. We're sure that this cabin will continue to be a quiet getaway spot for satisfied travelers moving forward!
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.