This 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom Covington vacation rental offers a comfortable stay near historic attractions. You’ll be less than a half-mile away from the town square and clock tower, which has been a popular destination for many movies and TV shows! If you have work to get done while traveling, this house has you covered with free WiFi, a desk, and a computer monitor for your convenience. At the end of the night, you can relax by the fire and watch the stars.
HISTORIC DOWNTOWN (0.7 miles): Shops, restaurants, visitors center, ghost tours, town square with clock tower (set of many TV shows & movies)
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE: Academy Springs Park (1 mile), Newton County Turner Lake Park (1 mile), Chimney Park (3 miles), Cedar Shoals Park (3 miles), Porterdale Yellow River Park (3 miles), Lake Varner Reservoir (7 miles)
WINE & BEER: Fox Vineyards & Winery (8 miles), Southern Brewing Company - Monroe (21 miles), Outrun Brewing Company (27 miles)
AIRPORT: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (39 miles)
We rented the house for our family reunion, and I must say I’m so glad we did. I wasn’t going to write a review publicly. I sent the owners a handwritten note thanking them for our wonderful stay. I was getting ready to rent the house again for the fall when I saw the review and wanted to make sure that everyone knows how wonderful the host were and how lovely the house is. The home is over 100 years old and filled with many antiques, it’s like stepping back in time with modern touches. I can’t say enough about this place other than it’s a must stay. Close to the Town Square and Turner Lake.
The good- clean linen, available in plenty. However, Check-in was disorganized and involved multiple calls and text exchanges to make sure our reservation was set for the dates we selected. The pictures don't capture the extra busy neighborhood with late night loud music cars, or the musty smell. When you turn on the oven the other stove burners slow down. The master bathroom shower took an hour for the water to drain out. Would not recommend.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Nancy, we always appreciate hearing from our guests, but the homeowners would like to take a moment to clarify a few things raised in your review:
- Thank you for choosing to stay in our Covington, Georgia home and leaving a review, as guest feedback is vitally important to the success of our vacation rental business.
- As new vacation rental owners, we made sure to have nice linens and plush towels for my guests. Additionally, we've upgraded almost everything in our home.
- We try our best to provide a great environment for guests, but sometimes external factors like the neighbor’s noise are simply out of our control. Our understanding is that only two cars with loud music drove by during your stay; however, we're sorry if this impacted your stay.
- We appreciate your feedback about the oven and the master bathroom shower. The drain has been fixed and the stove is brand new, but we are still investigating this issue. The technicians believe that the manufacturer has safety precautions built into the stove and range.
- Our cleaners were cleaning the property 30 minutes before your arrival and they assured us that the home didn't have a musty smell.
We truly go above and beyond for our guests and are confident that future guests will have excellent stays!
From us here at Evolve, we sincerely apologize that our communication and response times impacted your stay. We have a team that checks the guest messages from VRBO and replies as soon as we can, but we're sorry we missed the mark this time. This does not reflect the owner or property and Evolve takes full responsibility. We are increasing our staffing to make sure that we can respond more quickly to guests moving forward.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.