** Please note that the homeowner lives on-site, in the main house next door, and may be present during your stay **
Outdoor adventure awaits when you stay at 'Headwaters Hideaway,' a 2-bedroom, 1-bath vacation rental cottage in Hot Sulphur Springs! Up to 5 guests will be ideally located to everything this area has to offer including hiking, fishing, hot springs, and more. Return home each day, sit on the patio overlooking the mountains, and toast to another adventure in the Rocky Mountains!
With so many outdoor activities to choose from, you'll have difficulty deciding which to do first. Just down the street is Rocky Mountain Outfitters offering numerous fishing trips from fly fishing to ice fishing. If you prefer to fish on your own, bring your poles along or rent some from the shop and head to Lake Granby, Grand Lake, the Colorado River headwaters, or Williams Fork Reservoir. They also provide guided hunts if you are so inclined!
Lace up your hiking boots and hit the trails close to the cottage. Williams Fork River Trail and Hot Sulphur Springs trail are easier hikes for beginners. More avid hikers will want to check out the Elk Mountain Trail, the Doe Creek Trail, or test yourself on Stillwater Pass.
After a tough day on the trails, reward yourself with a soothing soak in the natural hot springs at Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa. With 21 pools and baths heated up to 112 degrees, you're sure to experience total relaxation.
Golfers will want to drive 10 miles over to Granby to play on the scenic courses like Pole Creek Golf Club, Granby Ranch Golf Course, and Grand Elk Golf Club. On your way home, stop by the Bait Shop Grill at Rocky Mountain Outfitters for a delicious burger.
There are ample opportunities for day trips including Denver, Steamboat Springs, and Boulder. Those traveling in the winter will love being within an hour and a half from world-class ski resorts like Vail, Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Winter Park.
This is a good physical location to access lots of outdoor activity in the area. The property is quite small and cramped. No more than 3 folks can be here comfortably and even then your not going to want to spend a lot of time in the residence. It does have a lot of wear as it was a 1936 tpe cabin and to do it a major upgrade would be a lot of effort. However for under 200.00 a day its a cost saver.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
When we first arrived we were greeted by Gracie Lou and Bill very warm welcome. When we opened the door to the cottage we were amazed by how comfortable it was. We loved ever moment of our stay and plan to return next year. Katie and Bill were very easy to communicate. Check in was so convenient. Loved the location. Will be back again. The only thing that would have made it better was a stackable washer and dryer. But all and all it was a fabulous stay!
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
This is a place to sleep. The pics don't represent how small and cramped this residence is. Location wise there's a lot to do in the area but this property is more suited for some hardcore fishermen would are not going to be in the place that much and dont mind the comfort factor. That said, its one of the most affordable VRBO's places in the area so a good cost save
Hi JP, the homeowners were surprised to read your review, as they are accustomed to providing 5-star experiences, and would like to clarify the following:
- The listing does state that this is a cottage, but we are sorry if the size of the home caught you off guard. We encourage guests to thoroughly review the listing before booking, to ensure they find the perfect vacation home for their needs.
- The homeowner prides themselves on being transparent and accommodating to all guests and would have been more than happy to walk you through the exact layout of the home had you inquired during the booking process.
- We go above and beyond for our guests with special touches such as discounts to the hot springs and we also offer towels for the hot springs so guests don't have to rent them. We also offer cold water bottles in the fridge and complimentary coffee so our guests will feel welcome.
- As is standard in the vacation rental industry, the homeowner provides a starter amount of toiletries and other essential supplies for our guests. Generic products may be offered at times to accommodate all guest comfort and preferences.
- While we do regret our home was not up to your expectations, we are happy to report that no issues were reported by the guests who stayed the following weekend.
Your feedback assists us in understanding our guests' perspectives and improving wherever possible. Thank you for sharing your review!
Modest but very welcoming accommodations in a great location for RMNP, Grand Lake and Hot Sulpher Springs.
Loved our stay here! It had all the accommodations we needed. Full kitchen and outdoor grill, full bath with great tub for soaking, great TV and internet connection for the nights. But the best part was the location to Rocky Mountain - very short drive!
It was also within walking distance from the Hot Springs although we did not get a chance to go.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.