VACATION YOU FOR LIFE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM THE PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Vacation You For Life Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Evolve Vacation Rental Network, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 717 17th Street, Suite 2100, Denver, CO 80202, and is administered by Prize Logic, LLC, (“Administrator”), Two Towne Square, Suite 200, Southfield, MI 48076.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on May 10, 2022 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 30, 2022 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Administrator’s computer is the Sweepstakes official clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are four (4) ways to receive Sweepstakes entries (“Entry”) as outlined below:
- Sign into his/her Twitter account (entrant may create a Twitter account for free if he/she does not already have one);
- Become a follower of @evolvevr on Twitter (if not already following @evolvevr. There is no charge to sign up for Twitter or to follow @evolvevr; and
- Compose a new Tweet sharing an image that represents your version of “Vacation You” including the hashtags #VacationYou and #Sweepstakes and tag @evolvevr to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of ten (10) unique Entries during the Sweepstakes Period, through this method. An entrant may not submit the same Entry more than one time.
- Sign into his/her Instagram account (entrant may create an Instagram account for free if he/she does not already have one);
- Become a follower of @evolvevacationrental on Instagram (if not already following @evolvevacationrental). There is no charge to sign up for Instagram or to follow @evolvevacationrental; and
- Compose a new Instagram post sharing an image that represents your version of “Vacation You” including the hashtags #VacationYou and #Sweepstakes and tag @evolvevacationrental to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of ten (10) unique Entries during the Sweepstakes Period, through this method. An entrant may not submit the same Entry more than one time.
- Sign into his/her TikTok account (entrant may create a TikTok account for free if he/she does not already have one);
- Become a follower of @evolvevacationrental on TikTok (if not already following @evolvevacationrental). There is no charge to sign up for TikTok or to follow @evolvevacationrental; and
- Compose a new TikTok post sharing an image that represents your version of “Vacation You” including the hashtags #VacationYou and #Sweepstakes and tag @evolvevacationrental to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of ten (10) unique Entries during the Sweepstakes Period, through this method. An entrant may not submit the same Entry more than one time.
D. Website: During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible entrant may visit evolve.com/sweepstakes (“Website”) and follow the links and instructions to register for the Sweepstakes. Upon completing the required information, entrant will receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) Entry during the Sweepstakes Period, through this method.
E. Email Opt-In: During the Sweepstakes Period, an entrant may follow the links and instructions on the Website to opt-in to receive marketing emails from the Sponsor. Upon opting in, entrant will receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. If an entrant has already opted-in to Sponsor’s email list, entrant will automatically receive one (1) Entry. An entrant may opt-out at any time by following the opt-out instructions available in the marketing email received.
Entry Requirements: All Entries using the Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok methods of entry must comply with the following restrictions:
- Entry must contain the hashtags “#VacationYou” and “#Sweepstakes”;
- Entry must be an original work;
- Entry must be in English (except for commonly understood foreign words);
- Entry cannot have been published previously by any party other than the entrant;
- Entry must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent);
- Entry cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by any third party, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, other than the Sponsor’s;
- Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images);
- Entry cannot include the name, likeness, photograph, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without written permission from that person;
- Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- Entry cannot promote illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Entry cannot describe or depict any illegal activity or violation of any state or federal law;
- Entry must not include any personally identifiable information (full name, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.);
- Entry must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to, content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, or violence;
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government;
- Entry must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way.
If any Entry fails to comply with any of these Entry Requirements or any other provisions of these Official Rules, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entrant.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant understands that he or she is providing his or her information to Sponsor and not Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) or Instagram, Inc. (“Instagram”) or TikTok (except to the extent required by these platforms). Further, entrant specifically agrees to release Twitter, Instagram and TikTok from any and all liability associated with this Sweepstakes.
IMPORTANT: MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY IF AN ENTRANT ENTERS THIS SWEEPSTAKES ON HIS/HER MOBILE DEVICE. NOT ALL MOBILE TELEPHONE/WIRELESS PROVIDERS CARRY THE SERVICE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANTS SHOULD CONSULT THEIR WIRELESS PROVIDER’S PRICING PLANS. MOBILE ENTRY IS NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
LIMIT: There is a limit of ten (10) Entries per person, per platform (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok), one (1) Entry for registering on the Website, and one (1) Entry for email opt-in, during the Sweepstakes Period.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or around December 7, 2022, the Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible Entries received. The winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
5. PRIZE, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Prize (1): The prize is a $5,000 Evolve travel credit per year for up to fifty (50) years. There will be one (1) prize available. The $5,000 Evolve travel credit will be issued electronically to the winner annually on the anniversary of the first travel credit award, for so long as the winner is alive or up to 50 years, whichever is shorter. The ARV of prize is up to $250,000.
B. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
C. General Conditions: Each Evolve travel credit issued annually to the prize winner shall be redeemable for 24 months from the date of issuance, and any Evolve travel credit not redeemed within the applicable 24-month time period shall be forfeited and canceled. Redemption is subject to Evolve property availability and the Evolve travel credit may be used only for booking properties made available through Evolve. In no event will more than one (1) Prize be awarded. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the number of prizes offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible prize claims received. No prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize, or component thereof, of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the prize.
6. HOW TO CLAIM THE PRIZE: Potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The potential winner will be notified on either Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok by a Direct Message from @evolvevr or @evolvevacationrental (depending on his/her method of entry) or by email if a Website Entry, with instructions on how to claim the prize. The potential winner must respond to Direct Message winner notification within twenty-four (24) hours or he/she may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. Potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and any other requested documents within five (5) business days from the date of attempted notification or the prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Failure to provide all required information and a signature on the documents within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of winner’s right to claim a prize, and may result in the prize being awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. The potential winner may be subject to a background check before a prize is awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner based on the results of such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on the Sponsor. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or the winner notification is returned as undeliverable or a potential winner fails to respond to a winner notification within the timeframe specified in such winner notification, or if the potential winner does not answer the initial notification, the prize may be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited for any reason, it may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, selected at random from the remaining pool of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, time permitting. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded. Prize is non-transferable and includes only the items specifically listed as part of the prize. Upon the death of the winner, the prize shall be terminated. Any portion of a prize not accepted or used within the applicable 24-month period by winner will be forfeited. The winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for the prize won. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC to the winner, annually for the amount of the Evolve travel credit issued in that year, regardless of whether the winner utilizes the Evolve travel credit in that year, or in the subsequent year. In the event the winner elects not to receive the annual Evolve travel credit in any given year, the winner must provide written notice to Evolve no later than December 31 of the year immediately preceding the year in which the Evolve travel credit would otherwise be received. Upon receipt of such timely election, the Evolve travel credit for the year for which the election was made shall be forfeited. Sponsor will not issue an IRS Form 1099 to the winner with respect to the Evolve travel credit to the extent it was timely declined. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. In order to receive the prize, the winner shall first execute a Tax Affidavit stating the winner will comply with tax laws and the procedures set forth herein. Failure to execute the Tax Affidavit shall result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner, in accordance with the procedures stated in this Section 6.
By accepting the Prize, Winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she and his/her use of the prize is subject to the terms and conditions generally applicable to individuals renting through Evolve. Failure by winner to comply with such terms and conditions may result in winner’s inability to use the remainder or a portion of the prize during such time as he/she is disqualified from renting under Evolve’s terms and conditions.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities, Twitter, Instagram, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents, Instagram, Inc., and Twitter, Inc., (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail/ direct message/ text notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any unanswered or undeliverable winner notifications.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iii) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of a winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a winner from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical, administrative, printing, production, computer or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winner. Notice of such cancelation, termination, or modification of the Sweepstakes shall be posted at evolve.com/sweepstakes.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, address (city and state), biographical information, likeness, picture and other information and content provided in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in all media worldwide including, but not limited to, on television and the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
11. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any entrant found or suspected, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as in these Official Rules is void. If it is discovered that a person has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple phone numbers, e-mail addresses, residential addresses, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers, or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No entrant shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNER LIST: For a winner list, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed stamped business envelope to: Winner List – Vacation You For Life Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Winner List requests must be received no later than January 30, 2023.
©2022 Evolve Vacation Rental Network, Inc. All rights reserved.