Rest and relaxation await at this charming Poulsbo cottage, nestled just steps from the shores of Liberty Bay! The modern 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental is the ideal place to explore all that 'Little Norway' has to offer, with downtown, local wineries, and nearby eateries each within a few minutes away. After a long day exploring the Pacific Northwest scenery, pick up some food at the farmer's market and show off your culinary creativity in the fully equipped kitchen!
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE: Liberty Bay (on-site), Stottlemeyer Trailhead (5.2 miles), Kitsap Memorial State Park (6.1 miles), Bloedel Reserve (8.8 miles), Grand Forest (11.8 miles), Puget Sound (14.1 miles), Point No Point (16.5 miles), Hood Canal (24.0 miles)
FERRIES: Kingston-Edmonds Ferry (10.9 miles), Winslow Ferry Terminal (14.0 miles)
WALKING DISTANCE: Rainy Daze Brewing (115 ft), Latte on Your Way (0.1 miles), Envy Bar and Grill (0.1 miles), Taqueria Los Cazadores (0.2 miles)
WINERIES: Eleven Winery (10.3 miles), Bainbridge Vineyards (10.6 miles), Fletcher Bay Winery (12.3 miles), Eagle Harbor Winery (12.8 miles)
BREWERIES: Rainy Dazy Brewery (across the street), Sound Brewery Restaurant (0.1 miles), Western Red Brewing (1.7 miles), Valholl Brewing (1.8 miles), Slipper Pig Brewery (1.9 miles)
DAY TRIPS: Bainbridge Island (14.2 miles), Port Townsend (34.7 miles), Whidbey Island (38.2 miles), Olympic National Park (67.5 miles), Deception Pass State Park (88.0 miles)
OTHER ATTRACTIONS: Port Madison Reservation (8.4 miles), SEA Discovery Center (2.0 miles)
AIRPORT: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (69.7 miles)
We were happy to find this private small home located between medical appointments.
Unfortunately it was a very hot few days, and the house's 2 portable air conditioning units didn't really do much to alleviate the hot air inside. (One unit didn't work at all!).
The housekeeping was a disappointment: a floor that left our feet very dirty, long hairs on hand and bath towels, a greasy stove and tea kettle, a dishwasher with some dirty dishes inside, a dryer full of sheets (clean?soiled?), a closet with bedding for the pull out couch that was wrinkled and just stuffed on a high shelf).
The WIFI info in the Welcome notebook inside the home had the wrong information, and we needed to contact the owners to figure out how to get it set up, since access to online meetings for work was important. The owners were quick to respond, and the problem was resolved.
It was nice to find unscented hand soap by all the sinks, since we are quite sensitive to fragrances.
Happily, the front door code worked easily. Parking was adequate and private.
Hi Wendy, we passed your comments on to the homeowner who would like to share the following: We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional experience with us and provide an elevated level of hospitality. Thank you for your letter detailing your stay.
- We noticed the sheets for the sleeper sofa in the closet were not folded correctly. We shared the concern with the cleaner along with a photo and asked for consistent proper folding. We also folded the sheets ourselves.
- As we value the condition of our home and fixtures, we inspected the toilet and repaired it so didn't have the rocking motion.
- We acknowledged that the cleaning company had replaced some sheets and towels in tan and gray, which didn't match our color theme of blue and turquoise. We ordered new linens in our preferred colors and had them delivered to the cleaning company with instructions to replace the existing ones.
- The bedroom AC unit, stand, and custom-cut plastic for window installation was in the entry closet, but only the AC unit was taken. Without the stand, it won't work well on a chair near the window. To solve this, we'll be getting a free-standing unit for the bedroom, like in the living and dining rooms.
- As a local resident, you're aware that there are only a few days a year when air conditioning is typically needed in the area. We apologize if you found it challenging to set up the portable AC unit. It does weigh a few pounds but we have been able to set it up just fine. We don't keep it set up at all times since some guests prefer not to use it.
- Cleanliness is important to us and our cleaners take pride in ensuring we maintain the highest standards of cleanliness. We reached out to the cleaner to ask if they mopped the floor, and they assured us that it was part of their routine. During our next visit, we plan to double-check this. Additionally, we'll be bringing a new Swiffer mop to keep at the house just in case of spills. To ensure efficiency, we will also make sure to have the kitchen essentials such as the dishwasher, stove, and tea kettle thoroughly serviced.
We're sorry your visit was less than perfect as that's disappointing to us as well. We shall strive to make adjustments to the things you mentioned. We hope your eye surgery went well and your recovery is complete. We truly do our very best to deliver an exceptional experience, and we are confident that future guests will have excellent stays.
We stayed here for ten days as we were moving and getting settled in Poulsbo. The property is clean and well stocked, the owners were kind and communicative. The location is great for exploring Poulsbo, or quickly heading out to see the rest of Kitsap. We will definitely recommend this to family and friends who come to visit us!
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
This was such a peaceful and relaxing place. Extremely clean and well maintained. Everything looks recently decorated. It was easy to access and instruction were very clear. Thanks for making it feel homey.
The mobile home is nicely refurbished inside to give the appearance of a foundational home. However it is located behind a bar. Meaning weekends are loud at times and traffic can be busy. The house has a ring camera when you walk up and it seems odd because it’s only for the owner to watch us. That was unsettling. The water gets cold in the shower after one shower , so you have to wait an hour for the next person to take one. The kitchen Is ehh.. the house is ok, but not what we had hoped for . Early in the morning the lawn people are out there blowing their machines and waking you up. The home is ok for a quick place to stay but if your looking for a vacation spot I don’t recommend it. The water view is very obstructed. Don’t expect a good view from the home. Even though the pictures make you think otherwise. The furniture needs some updating. I would say 3 out of 5 is a good rate .
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Amanda W, the right vacation home is everything, and we're disappointed if this wasn't the one for you. We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
- We strive to provide our guests with a great guest experience so we were disappointed to hear your stay didn't fully meet your expectations and want to take a moment to address your concerns.
- Our home is indeed a manufactured home and not a mobile home, which was built and moved onto the site. We work hard to provide a warm, welcoming, and comfortable environment that guests can call "home" away from home.
- We have never had a complaint about noise before and where the home is not directly behind a bar, it is located across the lane and kitty-corner from a craft brewery that is open in the afternoon and early evening but closes at 9 pm. In addition, we disclose on our listing "WALKING DISTANCE: Rainy Daze Brewing (115 ft), Latte on Your Way (0.1 miles), Envy Bar and Grill (0.1 miles), Taqueria Los Cazadores (0.2 miles)", but we're sorry if this caught you off guard.
- We take the safety of our guests and home seriously and do have a doorbell ring camera that faces out, which is only used to ensure our guests have arrived safely on their scheduled check-in date. We have since followed up with Evolve to ensure this information is noted on our listing, but we're truly sorry if this caught you off guard.
- Our home has a standard-size residential water heater that is appropriate for a home for a family of 6, and have not had this complaint before, we will follow up to ensure there are no issues that we are not aware of.
- We use professional photography for the home, so the features you see on the listing are accurately advertised, but we're sorry to hear the kitchen was not to your satisfaction.
We do all we can to make the best possible stay, and we look forward to this property hosting many satisfied guests.
This home is spacious and clean, the beds are comfy, it’s really convenient to downtown Poulsbo, there really aren’t any neighbors (at least not close enough to see/hear), and communication with the owners was great. They even reached out with restaurant recommendations, etc. And our kids loved all of the blackberry bushes nearby, we had all sorts of blackberry dishes. We would definitely stay here again (and may, as we all loved the town, the foodie among us went nuts for the Burrata Bistro & Paella Bar).
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.