Spice up your life with a city escape and a trip to the historic town of Blanco while staying at this updated 2-bed, 1-bath vacation rental home steps from Main Street. Indulge in Blanco’s best like local shops, restaurants, and nightlife all just a short walk away, yet far enough to leave you to a peaceful stay. Take the 2 cruiser bikes for a spin down to Real Ale Brewing or take a scenic trail ride at Blanco State Park. Everything’s so close and convenient you’ll never want to leave.
BLANCO TO DO’S: Town Square-Redbud Cafe, Old Blanco County Courthouse, Cranberry’s Antiques, Old 300 BBQ, Blanco River Pizza Company (walking distance), Buggy Barn Museum (0.6 miles), Deutsch Apple Bakery (0.9 miles), Real Ale Brewing Company (1.1 miles)
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: Blanco State Park (0.8 miles), Jacob’s Creek Park (23.1 miles), Jacob’s Well Natural Area (23.6 miles), Pedernales Falls State Park (25.5 miles), Guadalupe River State Park (33.9 miles)
VINEYARDS: Esperanza Winery (0.5 miles), Narrow Path Winery & Vineyard (14.1 miles), Texas Hills Vineyard (14.3 miles), Pontita Vineyard & Winery (14.9 miles), William Chris Vineyards (23.7 miles), Duchman Family Winery (35.7 miles)
DAY TRIPS: Fredericksburg - dining, shopping, wineries (33.7 miles), Austin - food, outdoor recreation, live music, nightlife (49.7 miles), San Antonio - River Walk, The Alamo (50.6 miles)
AIRPORTS: San Antonio International Airport (41.4 miles), Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (55.7 miles)
WOW! This place was so much fun. We loved the retro furnishings and cooked on the cool stove. It was definitely before my time so I HAD to try it out! You can walk to all the shops on the square from here too. The cool weather made it even better! We didn't detect any foul smell at all like the last review had mentioned, so I would assume the owner fixed it. It smelled clean and fresh! The beds were comfy and we had a nice relaxing stay. We would definitely recommend this place and will be back next time we visit Blanco!
This place looked exactly as pictured but as soon as we opened the front door there was a horrible smell so bad that we had to open both doors ( front and sliding glass door ) to get fresh air flowing through . There was a plug in air freshener to mask the smell but it just made the smell even worse . My daughter in law believes the smell is from having cats urinate so much on the floor that the smell is now permanent and rather than remove the old flooring , the owners just covered it up with new flooring ! We were all so disgusted and dissatisfied with this place . We should’ve complained to the owner as soon as we checked in but we had a wedding to attend on Saturday Oct 14th close by and didn’t have the money to stay anywhere else . Thank god we rented a car and didn’t have to stay in this house all day long for 3 days ! We couldn’t wait to get out of this place . Thankfully our last night in Texas was in a really nice Airbnb in San Antonio ! I cannot believe the reviews of this place didn’t mention this god awful smell ! And they are all 5 star reviews!? I would NOT have rented this place had someone mentioned the smell ! Especially since it cost us over 800 dollars ! With a cleaning fee !? I should get a refund !!! Also the retro look is nice but it should be maintained. The bathroom sink is falling apart and I doubt if the old stove even works . I hate that I have to leave this review but others should be warned about this place ! I wish someone had warned us !
Hi Sanderella. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, and we genuinely regret that your stay did not meet your expectations. We value your feedback and want to address your concerns.
- Firstly, we want to clarify that cats have never been in our property. The suggestion that we covered up cat urine with new flooring is both inaccurate and offensive. The new flooring was installed during a comprehensive remodel in 2019, which involved stripping the house down to the studs.
- We were unaware at the time of your check-in that the previous guest had liberally used Lysol during their stay, as revealed in the previous review. In an attempt to address this, we used fragrances to mask the smell, not realizing that the combination of Lysol and fragrance could be displeasing. We apologize for any discomfort this may have caused.
- We also want to highlight that the active ingredient in Lysol decomposes into ammonia when heated, producing a smell similar to cat urine. In this case, the smell you encountered was a result of the previous guest's use of Lysol in the HVAC system, not a preexisting issue with our property. It is important to note that the odor has been addressed and is no longer present in the unit.
- We can assure you that our appliances, including the stove, are in good working order. Many guests have used and appreciated these nostalgic features. We appreciate your feedback on the bathroom sink and will address it promptly.
- In situations like this, we encourage guests to reach out to us immediately so we have the opportunity to resolve any issues promptly. Had you contacted us, we would have been more than willing to relocate you to another available unit, free of charge.
We apologize for any inconvenience you faced and appreciate your understanding. Thanks for your valuable feedback as we continue to improve!
We arrived and immediately was hit with an overwhelming smell. We tried airing the house out. We left for awhile and when we came back it was even worse. I contacted the host which came over and said it was probably mold under the house in the crawl space since it had just rained. They stuffed paper towels in a hole with the air conditioner filter. The smell seemed better that night. The next day we were gone all day and returned that night to an even worse smelling house. They allowed us to spread out into both sides. We stayed there from Friday to Tuesday. We had to keep spraying Lysol anything to help. It was so bad that we did everything we could to stay away from the house. We're pretty sure it was not mold but a dead animal possibly a mouse so of course it would get stronger during our stay. I wish they would have had someone come look in the crawlspace and get it removed. The smell had spread into the left side of the duplex by the time we left. Hopefully the smell will be taken care of. We spent $770.00 on our stay to not be able to enjoy the house and do all we could to keep away.
note: there were used air fresheners in with the filter so it makes us think they knew something.
We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We understand that the unexpected odor issue you encountered significantly impacted your time in the residence, and we appreciate your patience as we worked to address it.
- As you mentioned, we made every effort to promptly investigate and rectify the issue. Your well-being and comfort were our top priorities, and we were relieved to discover the root cause of the smell emanated from an issue with the air circulation system. We have never experienced issues with mold in the home, especially since we are experiencing a drought. We investigated the home after we heard of this concern, and found no evidence of mold or any dead pests. With your safety in mind, we addressed this issue by temporarily sealing the opening between the crawlspace and the A/C system. We later took further measures to ensure a permanent solution after your departure.
- Though the initial issue was resolved, it seems that the excessive use of Lysol caused another problem. Lysol is not intended as an air freshener, and inhaling its fumes can be harmful, potentially leading to headaches and discomfort.
- Additionally, we're glad you took us up on our offer to use the alternative unit. We have since addressed the issue, and the property is now free from any lingering smells. It's important to note that the two units do not share the same HVAC system or crawlspace, making it highly unlikely for the odor to transfer between them.
We are committed to providing a comfortable and enjoyable experience for our guests. We appreciate your feedback so we can continue to improve and provide guests with the 5-star service we're known for!
It was just what we needed. Cold AC was great and one bathroom worked just fine for 5 people. Easy and nice walk to the square.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Cold AC, walk to the square and many places in town, perfect for 5 people. Quick response from property manager when we needed something.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.