A coastal retreat awaits you from the comfort of this 3-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom vacation rental home in Bay City, Texas! Boasting breathtaking views of the ocean and waterway, this family getaway promises on-the-water fun at every turn. Cast your line from the private fishing dock or head to Sargent Beach for a day in the sand and sun. After adventuring, fire up the grill for dinner al fresco or cool off inside with a home-cooked meal in the fully equipped kitchen — the choice is yours!
GET OUTSIDE: Sargent Beach (4.2 miles), San Bernard National Wildlife Refuge (20.8 miles), Justin Hurst Wildlife Management Area (25.3 miles), Bryan Beach (32.0 miles), Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge (38.7 miles), Matagorda Bay Nature Park (44.4 miles), Palacios Bay Beach (53.7 miles)
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS: Lake Jackson Historical Museum (25.0 miles), Sea Center Texas (26.8 miles), Crocodile Encounter (40.7 miles)
EAT + DRINK: On the Corner (1.4 miles), The Crab Trap Grill (3.2 miles), La Casona (25.2 miles), Nia's Towne Square Restaurant (27.2 miles), Fat Grass Restaurant (27.2 miles), Snow Bunny Cones (27.8 miles)
AIRPORT: William P. Hobby Airport (74.7 miles)
The place was a perfect fit for us! Spacious and a great location for fishing the ICW and perfect for us to take our SxS out onto the beach. We’ll be back!
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Our family spent July 4 weekend here. It was a great location with the ICW out the backdoor with a great deck for fishing and watching the barges. The beach is a short walk out the front and was never crowded. The rooms were very comfortable, and the kitchen was well equipped for cooking.
Where do I start? Dingy and dirty. Grass in back was high, outside balcony does not have cover like pictures. windows were dirty, parts of kitchen cabinets with drips of food/liquid, coffee maker with old filter and coffee grounds, trash drawer had trash around it, stairs and upstairs carpet was dingy with stains, water was yellow; can see it in shower and toilet. Couldn’t feel clean after taking a shower just looking at the yellowish water. No dishwasher! Outside fishing pear table light didn’t work! Outside surveillance cameras were not facing the stairs as described, they face the front and back porch- did not feel like we had any privacy!! Six of us stayed 3 nights and they leave only one roll of napkins and 3 rolls of toilet paper!!
Location is great but not worth the money for a not well maintained rental!! Needs TLC..
Hi Angelica, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location! We want our guests to rest easy when they stay with us, and we apologize if you experienced some issues during your trip. We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
- As is standard for vacation rentals, the homeowner provides a starter supply of paper essentials for guests’ convenience. Guests may have to purchase their additional supplies, especially for longer stays or larger groups.
- Our listing reflects the layout of the home and we are sorry if you were caught off-guard. The homeowner prides themselves on being transparent and accommodating to all guests and would have been more than happy to walk you through the exact layout of the home had you inquired during the booking process.
- We use a cleaning service to have the home professionally cleaned before each guest's arrival. We wish you had reached out to the Guest Contact during your stay if there were any issues you needed addressing. We would have done everything we could to resolve them immediately so that you could enjoy the home.
- Although we do our best to keep the outdoor area clean if there are a few days between guest check-out and the next check-in, it is certainly possible for Mother Nature to affect the outdoor area once our cleaning crew has left.
- We always work with guests if issues arise and apologize that we were unable to come to the resolution you were hoping for based on the documentation provided.
We truly go above and beyond for our guests, and are confident that future guests will have excellent stays!
The location was nice but the house was dirty upon arrival. Dirty soiled bed linens Dirty bathtub. Had to clean bathtub and wash bedding upon arrival. Spoke to house Manager and was told she would bring a gift card due to me having to clean and wash bedding and she never did. The house was nice but a shame the cleaning was not good. When we arrived the carpets were dirty and bedding and bathtub was very dirty. I had to clean myself before starting our vacation. Was disappointed. Would of liked an option to message or call property owner but the only option was housekeeping manager that never showed up. This house has a lot of potential if cleaned and managed properly. The bathroom doors also do not lock and the upstairs sliding door is hard to lock. If there was an option to message or call owner before posting this I would have certainly done so first before posting. Fishing was great but unfortunately will not book this property again because cleanliness is high priority for us!
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
We have been to Sargent several times and I will have to say that this is one of our favorite houses. It is perfect for a family of 4-6 without feeling too small or cramped.
We were able to catch several fish right off the pier. The pier is lighted and I suggest fishing off the left side as we got hung up a couple of times on the right.
Overall, it was a fantastic stay and we hope to be back soon!
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.