Furnished deck, top-of-the-line amenities, and more await for the entire family at this gorgeous 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental home in Blakeslee! While staying at this retreat, there is something for everyone as the kids will be entertained by the spacious yard and nearby playground while the adults relax on the covered patio or enjoy a home-cooked meal in one of the many outdoor dining areas. Once recovered, adventure awaits at nearby Pocono Raceway or the many ski resorts!
ATTRACTIONS: Pocono Raceway (4 miles), Jack Frost National Golf Club (9 miles), Tippmann Castle (9 miles), Bear Mountain Butterfly Sanctuary (17 miles), Eckley Miners’ Village (26 miles)
SKI & SNOWBOARD: Big Boulder Mountain (5 miles), Jack Frost Ski Resort (10 miles), Camelback Ski Resort (22 miles)
OUTDOOR FUN: Lake Harmony (4 miles), Big Boulder Lake (4 miles), Austin T. Blakeslee Natural Area (5 miles), Lake Naomi (11 miles), Hickory Run State Park (12 miles), Lehigh Gorge State Park (23 miles)
FAMILY FRIENDLY: Split Rock Resort (7 miles), Kalahari Resort (18 miles), Great Wolf Lodge Water Park (22 miles), Camelbeach Mountain Outdoor Waterpark (23 miles)
AIRPORT: Wilkes-Barre Scranton International Airport (32 miles)
The path to the house was a bit difficult as there were many speed bumps and the roads did not have any lights. If traveling in the night time or coming back from a day our you would have to rely on your vehicle headlights .
We were told to fill out Pre- stay information and were given instructions on where to obtain wristbands and parking passes yet they were incorrect. The prestay forms also ask for an additional payment which was not mentioned in the reservation. The photos of the house are not to scale we were expecting a large living room and dinning room/ kitchen yet they were all right next to each other and the size of probably the master bed room upstairs. There are two sets of twin beds listed one is down stairs abd the other upstairs. The twin beds are the ones that you have to pull out and is pretty much about 4 inches above the floor they are not beds on their own but in conjuction with the other bed. The doors even though they are closed open on their own due to heavy winds . There were several instance where the backdoor just opened on its own.
We did not feel comfortable using the hot tub because it looked like it had some substances in it and the color of water was not what we were expecting. The water had an odd smell and there were yellow/orange substances around the tub . We later discovered that the water was from a local well. We had requested to drain the water to replace it but that was not an option.
There were a few outlets throughout the house that did not work and there were lamps in the rooms instead of main lights.We had to go through a process
of trial and error to determine which outlets actually worked.
The house could comfortably fit about 8 adults but it would be too crowded if there were more than 8 adults. However if there was a combination of adults and children the space could probably accommodate that mixed group . The wifi password that is included on the welcome letter is different then the one that was in the app. Luckily my data worked and I was able to access the different code otherwise we would not have wifi. Depending on your service provider you may not have the best or strongest signal.
If you are planning on stating for an extended period of time it maybe best to bring your own toilet paper because only two were provided during our stay.
Overall the stay was very basic and did not meet our expectations. But the house was clean,and snacks/towels were provided.
Owner's response: "Orela, the right vacation home is everything, and we're disappointed if this wasn't the one for you.
- We are in a remote area and do not have the luxury of street lights, this is one of the benefits of having a location far enough from town to enjoy the wildlife and natural beauty, but close enough to get to almost anywhere in a short time and drive
- We have confirmed all of the pre-stay information with Evolve and there were no updates needed. All of the information provided to our guests is correct. We also have the information about the HOA and the fees in the house rules in the listing so that guests know what to expect
- All photos of the property were taken by professionals and are to scale, we feel they are all accurate and depict the property entirely, we're sorry if you felt they were not
- The photos show the bed configuration, which room has what-sized bed, and if there is a trundle in that room. Our listing is accurate and shows each guest what we have to offer
- The wind blows here, but if the doors are properly closed and latched they will stay closed, we have not had any past guests complain about this
- Due to our remote location, we do have well water, it is good and clean water and we do not have any issues with odors or anything floating in the water. We're sorry we were unable to drain and refill it for you
- We have checked and all of the outlets are in good working order
- Not all homes are built the same, we want to provide our guests with everything they need, so we have lamps in the rooms that need them. They provide light as well as decoration
- Our property comfortably sleeps 10 guests, we have had large groups with both adults and children or just adults who have enjoyed the location and its accommodations
- We verified the wifi password and the correct one is on the pre-stay information given by Evolve
- We provide our guests with the basics of everything, but if you run out just let us know we'll get you taken care of
Potential guests, please understand that we will do all we can to make the best possible stay, we are available to answer any questions and if you need something just ask, and we'll get you taken care of. We will continue to deliver the 5-star experiences we know we can."
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.