Immerse yourself in the beauty of the White Mountains at this lovely Bartlett vacation rental! This 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom home retains a rustic charm with updated accommodations to make your stay cozy and comfortable. As the leaves begin to change, enjoy the crisp autumn air out on the deck while you take in the views. For a fun nearby excursion, head to Cranmore Mountain Resort and hit the slopes, or choose one of the abundant trails in the surrounding White Mountain National Forest for a hike.
WINTER SPORTS: Cranmore Mountain Resort (3.9 miles), Attitash Mountain Resort (5.1 miles), Black Mountain Ski Area (10.6 miles)
EXPLORE OUTDOORS: White Mountain National Forest (surrounding), Echo Lake State Park (2.0 miles), White Lake State Park (22.9 miles), hiking, boating, biking
THINGS TO DO: Diana's Baths (0.3 miles), Conway Scenic Railroad (3.0 miles), Story Land (6.7 miles), local restaurants, shopping
AIRPORT: Portland International Jetport (63.9 miles), Boston Logan International Airport (138 miles)
The kitchen & living room are updated as seen in photos, but the bathroom is in poor shape and the shower is almost impossible to use. The house was not as clean as we hoped with cobwebs & bugs around the windows that were all unlocked to begin with and also had no shades/curtains whatsoever. It was almost impossible to sleep with nothing to block the sun. The doors to both bedrooms & bathroom are barely functioning, and the yard/deck had poison ivy making them both unusable. I reached out to the property management team on our first night and the response I received was "thanks for the feedback, we will relay it to the owner". Nothing after that until I followed up asking for a resolution and still nothing, we ended up leaving a full day before we planned and were unable to get any type of refund.Would not recommend.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Gregory, we want our guests to rest easy when they stay with us, and we apologize you experienced some issues during your trip. We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
- The bathroom underwent renovations a little over a year ago which included fresh paint and newly redone floors, which improved its overall appearance significantly and is exactly as advertised in our listing photos.
- While the shower may be smaller in size, it is fully functional, as depicted accurately in the photos provided in the listing.
- It is true that the windows do not have blinds, and this is clearly visible in the listing photos of the property. During your stay, some damage occurred due to attempts to install temporary coverings, which led to paint being pulled off the windows, necessitating repainting.
- The bedroom and bathroom doors are designed as accordion doors to accommodate the limited space, and they do effectively provide privacy and block light and sound as intended.
- Our thorough inspection by both our landscaper and property manager confirms that the plants identified as poison ivy on the deck are, in fact, ferns and raspberries. We take great care to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests, and any potentially harmful plants are promptly removed.
- Our property management team prides itself on delivering top-notch cleaning services, and after careful review, they stand by the exceptional cleanliness of the property during your stay.
- Our property manager made every effort to address your concerns. However, given the nature of the complaints and the thorough investigation conducted, we did not find them to be substantiated, and thus, a refund was not warranted.
We regret any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and hope that these clarifications provide a better understanding of the situation. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we are committed to addressing any valid concerns to ensure a pleasant experience for all our guests.
We do all we can to make the best possible stay, and we look forward to this property hosting many satisfied guests.
Loved the house, close to shopping and sightseeing. Great location for motorcycle rTours
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.