Soak up the sun at this quintessential lakeside gem. Relax on the covered patio, roast s’mores around the fire, or enjoy all the swimming, boating, and fishing Lake Ogemaw has to offer — all from the convenience of your backyard! This 5-bedroom, 3-bathroom vacation rental house comes complete with a wet bar and poker table for after-hours fun. Revel in Michigan’s natural beauty year-round with winter snowmobiling, ice fishing, and cross-country skiing. The ultimate lakefront retreat awaits!
LAKE OGEMAW (on-site): Boating, fishing, waterskiing, swimming
GOLF: West Branch Country Club Golf Course (10.7 miles), Dream Golf Course (16.1 miles), Nightmare Golf Course (17.9 miles)
SHOPPING: Victorian Downtown West Branch (11.0 miles), West Branch Outlet Shops (12.6 miles)
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE: Rifle River High Banks Canoe Launch (0.3 miles), Ogemaw Hills Pathway (15.5 miles), Rifle River Recreation Area (18.0 miles), Ogemaw Nature Park (25.5 miles), Rifle River Public Access (25.8 miles), Lake Saint Helen (28.3 miles), Tawas City (30.5 miles), Huron-Manistee National Forests Lumberman's Monument Visitor Center (37.3 miles), Houghton Lake (38.9 miles), Mason Tract Pathway Trailhead (44.5 miles)
WINTER FUN: Cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, sledding, ice fishing
EVENTS: Tip Up Town Ice-Fishing Festival - Houghton Lake (33.8 miles), Ogemaw County Fair, Motorcycle Week
AIRPORT: MBS International Airport (62.9 miles)
Pictures do not do it justice.
Very spacious and beautiful!!
Plenty of room for our family of 8 adults and 6 children (aged 6 mo to 10 yrs)
TV’s did not have apps to watch college football.
Beach was nice for the younger kids.
We took our kayaks and enjoyed having them. Also rented a pontoon which I recommend.
Sand bar was a lot of fun until the music became extremely inappropriate for the kids. Need to enjoy the sandbar during the week.
I’ve waited awhile to leave this review and while the communication with the property manager was adequate and responsive -a few things occurred during this trip that left me with a less than positive experience especially for the price of this home.
When we arrived, it was clear this home was beautifully constructed and has quality furniture but it was not properly cleaned. The house was also not supplied with common house supplies such as toilet paper, soap, garbage bags, dishwasher pods. The property manager was prompt and reimbursed us for the inconvenience but we still had to make a trip into town.
We cleaned as best we could on our way out (there was no broom and majority hardwood floors) and followed all check out processes instructed.
Following the stay, we were asked if we had brought a dog into the home, which we had not, but felt uncomfortable as it felt like accusation for something that was not allowed and that we had not done. I understand the property manager is likely trying to get to the bottom of what is likely the need for a change in cleaning vendors but the whole weekend just had an air of frustration as we found another thing that was missing or having to ration grocery bags to use as garbage bags because we didn’t realize those were missing til after our trip into town.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Alycia, we want our guests to rest easy when they stay with us, and we apologize if you experienced some issues during your trip. We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
- As is standard in the vacation rental industry, the homeowner provides a starter amount of toiletries and other essential supplies for our guests. Your reservation only had one guest listed so we originally provided supplies for one guest.
- Generic products may be offered at times to accommodate all guest comfort and preferences. We apologize if the products provided did not fit your needs.
- We use a cleaning service to have the home professionally cleaned before each guest's arrival. We wish you had contacted the Guest Contact during your stay if there were any issues you needed addressing.
- We would have done everything we could to resolve your issues immediately so that you could enjoy the home. Also, the broom and vacuum are located in the laundry room for our guests to use.
- The listing does state that there is not a hot tub available, but we are sorry if this caught you off guard. We encourage guests to thoroughly review the listing before booking, to ensure they find the perfect vacation home for their needs.
- Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback assists us in understanding our guests' perspectives and improving wherever possible.
Our 1st family vacation was here last year. We loved it so much, we came back. Hopefully next year will be the 3rd annual. It’s a beautiful property with all the amenities.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
The house, location, private lake, waterfront, and many practical amenities made staying here fantastic for the second time. Many thanks!!!
We loved our stay at this beautiful home! It suited our needs perfectly. There's plenty of seating on the outdoor deck. The views are very serene, and all rooms are clean and spacious. We will definitely try to book again in the future!
Reach out help with general questions about the property.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.