Unplug, unwind, and let the blissful backdrop of this vacation rental set the scene for your next Michigan escape! Boasting 2 bedrooms and 1 bath, this riverfront retreat offers a charcoal grill, a private yard, and easy access to the area’s all-season fun. Take the provided canoe for a summertime paddle, hit the slopes at Forbush Corner, or spend the day exploring Traverse City! After, make your way home to relax by the fire pit and enjoy the company of loved ones in this cozy Frederic cabin.
ON THE WATER: Au Sable River (on-site), Otsego Lake State Park (10.3 miles), Manistee Lake (15.5 miles), North Higgins Lake State Park (24.2 miles), Torch Lake (35.2 miles), Torch Lake Sandbar (36.6 miles), Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore (76.7 miles)
OUTDOORS: Hanson Hills Recreation Center (12.0 miles), Hartwick Pines State Park (12.5 miles), Grayling State Forest Area (30.1 miles), Seven Bridges Nature Area (32.1 miles), Traverse City State Park (45.5 miles)
SKIING: Forbush Corner (3.5 miles), Boyne Mountain Resort (38.8 miles), Mt. Holiday Ski and Recreational Area (44.8 miles), Hickory Hills Ski Area (52.4 miles)
GOLF: Lakes of the North Golf Course (14.0 miles), Michaywé Pines Golf Course (15.4 miles), Grandview Golf Club (19.1 miles), Timber Wolf Golf Club (21.3 miles), Forest Dunes Golf Club (26.5 miles)
THINGS TO SEE & DO: Sledheads of Frederic (0.6 miles), Call of the Wild Museum (16.9 miles), Roscommon Zoo (32.5 miles), Elk Rapids (46.2 miles), Traverse City (49.4 miles)
AIRPORT: Cherry Capital Airport (48.1 miles)
The cabin was clean and cozy. Nice fire pit area in the back and only 15 minutes from stores. The main bed was very uncomfortable. It sinks down low on one side, It should be replaced. Being unable to sleep well definitely impacted the stay. I would avoid this rental until the bed has been replaced with a new bed.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
The cabin was clean and cozy. Nice fire pit area in the back and only 15 minutes from stores.
The main bed was very uncomfortable. It sinks down low on one side, It should be replaced. Being unable to sleep well definitely impacted the stay. I would avoid this rental until the bed has been replaced with a new bed.
Hi Garrett, thanks for letting us know about your stay. We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they would like to share the following: We genuinely value your positive feedback concerning the cabin's cleanliness and the amenities it offers to our guests. As a proactive measure, we have recently acquired a new bed and have plans to replace it while the cabin is winterized. We are committed to continually enhancing the comfort and satisfaction of our guests. Your feedback is essential in helping us continually improve our guests' experiences, and we appreciate your input. We hope that, if you choose to stay with us again, you will notice this enhancement and have an even more comfortable stay.
The location is okay but we were mostly coming to get into the water and go canoeing which we were told there were canoes and kayaks on site and a place to drop in. That is correct however they did not mention the extremely steep incline hill of mud and roots to get into and out of the water and the length of the incline which is absolutely not doable so basically the ploy to get us on site and booked dropped many stars for our family. If I were to just rate the house that was a 4.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Lisa, we truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. Your feedback is essential to us, and we've relayed your comments to the homeowner, who would like to address the following:
- Thank you for choosing to stay in our Frederic, Michigan cabin and leaving a review, as guest feedback is vitally important to us and the success of our vacation rental business.
- Typically, rentals offer canoes and kayaks as optional amenities for an additional fee. However, I've decided to offer my personal kayaks and canoes as an amenity without a fee but request that guests take good care of them.
- Regarding the incline to access the water, we understand it can be challenging. While the cabin does provide access to the water, it's not designated as a canoe landing. Guests should use their discretion, and if the incline is too steep, there are nearby liveries that can assist with river trips.
- I genuinely value your input, as I want all guests to have a great experience.
1st- Found a dead mouse in the toilet and mouse poop all over the kitchen counter when we first got there. Had to clean up mouse poop every morning in the kitchen. It's all over in the kitchen drawers, toaster, on top of the oven, in the sink.
2nd- the river wasn't very deep but it was nice to walk around in. There's houses very close to both sides.
3rd- I'm 5'5 and felt very claustrophobic because of how short the ceiling was.
It is a nice location and about only an hour from the great lakes and 20 minutes from walmart.
So I wanted to give a honest review of this cabin and property cause I feel the advertisement for it is a little dishonest. Pulling up to this cabin first off its right off a major road and you can hear all the traffic from it very loudly. There is housing on both sides of you and there is no privacy. Inside the cabin the ceilings are so low my husband had to angle his neck to walk around. To get down to the little dock you have to go down a perilous trail that we elected to do only once. The bathroom and shower are very small for anyone that has a little extra in the middle to themselves. I wasn't thrilled with what we got after getting there from seeing what they show to what the reality is. I will not be coming back, just make sure you realize it's not the cabin they make it out to be.
Hi Carmen, we truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. Your feedback is essential to us, and I'd like to address your comments directly:
- Thank you for choosing to stay in our Frederic, Michigan cabin and leaving a review, as guest feedback is vitally important to the success of our vacation rental business.
- We aim to provide an accurate representation of our property in our listing. It's indeed a rustic cabin, and we make no claims to the contrary. The low ceilings are typical of cabins in this area, built during a specific time frame, and we understand it might not suit everyone's preferences.
- Regarding the location, we do have a map on our listing which shows that we are close to a major road, as transparency is essential to us. We're sorry if the traffic noise was more noticeable than you expected.
- The trail to the dock is a natural, wild path, which many of our guests find appealing as it immerses them in the natural surroundings. However, we understand it might not be suitable for everyone.
- We genuinely wish you had contacted us with your concerns before or during your stay so we could have addressed them and potentially found a solution to make your experience more enjoyable.
Again, thank you for sharing your feedback, and I apologize for any discrepancies between your expectations and the reality of your stay. We hope you have better experiences in the future, whether here or elsewhere.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.