Feel your worries drift away the moment you step inside this beautiful 4-bedroom, 2.5-bath vacation rental in Mashpee! Boasting an excellent location just steps away from a private beach, this home provides the ultimate Cape getaway. Spend your days lounging by John's Pond, shopping at Mashpee Commons, or simply relaxing on the wraparound deck. When you’re ready to settle down, fire up the gas grill for an evening barbecue or gather around the outdoor fire pit for s’mores and campfire stories.
BEACHES/OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: John's Pond (walking distance), Quashnet Golf Course (walking distance), South Cape Beach (8.0 miles), Mashpee Town Beach (8.1 miles), Popponesset Beach (6.9 miles), Loop Beach (6.5 miles), Falmouth Heights Beach (9.3 miles), Shining Sea Bikeway (12.9 miles), Old Silver Beach (10.4 miles), Mashpee River Reservation (4.5 miles)
SHOPPING: Mashpee Commons (2.3 miles), Andy's Market (1.2 miles), Cape Cod Mall (13.5 miles)
DAY TRIPS: Hyannis Port (13.9 miles), Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard (14.7 miles to Hyannis Cruise Terminal), Chatham (34.4 miles), Provincetown (61.6 miles). Plymouth (31.5 miles), Boston (69.9 miles)
FOOD/DRINK: Trevi Cafe & Wine Bar (2.3 miles), Naukabout Brewery and Taproom (4.5 miles), Estia Mashpee (2.3 miles), Wicked Restaurant and Wine Bar (2.7 miles), Bleu (2.4 miles), The Mills Restaurant (7.2 miles), Wimpy's Seafood Cafe & Market (9.6 miles)
AIRPORT: Boston Logan International Airport (71.2 miles)
The pictures were very deceiving. It is much smaller than it appears. The first impression was dated, musty and possibly moldy. The outside furniture was moldy and dirty and we didn't use any except the wrought iron set which had peeling paint, The inside is furnished with scrap furniture. The couch had no legs and you sink in when sitting on it. No a/c on the main floor, though you did have 5 floor fans ??? Dated vertical blinds which were filthy and falling off of the track. Upstairs clothes were left in the night stand , alot of personal items left in the bathrooms as in hair brushes, deoderant ect. There are portable a/c units which were very noicey and dirty.. Absolutly NO water pressure. Laundry left in the dryer and food left in the fridge. I can go on and on . Most of us got a reaction to the mold, coughing and chest congestion . The linens were thin and smelled moldy. We actually went to tjmax and bought our own towels. The location was great and the owner very kind.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Deborah, this homeowner works hard to provide an ideal stay for all guests, and they would like to clarify the following:
- We were saddened to see your review, and we wish you would have reached out during your stay. We would have been more than happy to help with any issues while you were in residence to make your stay most comfortable.
- The listing states the square footage of the home. Guests are encouraged to thoroughly review the listing before booking, to ensure they find the perfect vacation home for their needs.
- With the exception of a few items, all the furniture was purchased new. Due to the extremely rainy weather this year, the few cushions on the outside chairs are likely to be affected. We are in the woods and are accustomed to the inclement weather. We buy new cushions every season.
- This is our family home, which we use and rent. Yes, we keep a few toiletries in the bathroom and perhaps a few items were left in a nightstand. We apologize if this negatively impacted your stay.
- There are fans in every room, as we don't have central air. Our open floor plan makes it difficult to cool the main floor, and we are still looking for an A/C unit strong enough to keep it at a comfortable temperature. Since we have window sliders, we keep standing air conditioners in the main bedrooms and den, which is included in the listing description. The three-season sunroom is the place our guests enjoy the most. It's a cooler room with a ceiling fan and a cross breeze.
- Before any guests arrive, we make sure to mention the low water pressure, which is out of our control.
- Our family was there the week prior and can attest that there was no food in the fridge. Condiments are left in the door for guests to use as they please. Additionally, we have never experienced problems with bad odors or mold in the home. We keep air purifiers in all the bedrooms. We discovered that the dehumidifier was not functioning properly after your stay. This has since been repaired and will help improve the air quality inside the home.
We truly go above and beyond and are confident that future guests will have excellent stays!
Location is ideal with a short walk to lake like beach on John's Pond. The water is warm and so clear you can see to the bottom. We preferred this beach over the many nearby ocean beaches. The house is large with great additional space in the finished basement. The screened in porch is comfy, inviting and cool and proved to be our favorite hang out spot. All bedrooms have their own AC unit so everyone can sleep in the temp of their choosing.
We had a a fantastic time staying at the Maschpee getaway. The house was spacious and comfortable. The home was exactly as listed, beautiful sunroom, easy walk to the beach, and a lot of restaurants around. We would absolutely love to book the place again.
From the owner: "Edmond, you and your family were a pleasure to have as our guests!"
House was at a great location and had plenty of room. Great place for a relaxing vacation.
My family and I just spent a week at Steven's home in Mashpee. It was a great place for us -- perfectly located less than a 5 minute walk from the magical John's Pond and roughly a 5 minute drive to Mashpee Commons. As far as locations goes . . . it was perfect! The house itself was nice! We spent almost all of our time in the sunroom which allowed us to feel outside even when we weren't. All of us loved the outdoor shower too! Steven was incredibly helpful with his communication prior to our stay and with his recommendations. We are so appreciative to have had such an awesome home base for our Cape Cod family vacation!
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo