Simple Idaho living is right around the corner when you escape to this charming condo. With easy access to golfing, hiking, and lakefront adventuring, this 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom vacation rental is the perfect retreat, no matter the season. Take a summertime road trip to explore Ponderosa State Park or head up to Brundage Mountain to hit the slopes in the winter months. With its cozy loft, ideal location, and full kitchen, this quaint abode is sure to meet your every need.
OPT OUTSIDE: Mile High Marina (0.4 miles), Payette Lake (0.5 miles), Legacy Park (0.7 miles), Ponderosa State Park (0.7 miles), Lake Cascade State Park (30.2 miles)
MUST-SEE: The McCall Activity Barn (4.2 miles), Brundage Mountain Idaho Ski Resort (10.4 miles), Burgdorf Hot Springs (31.4 miles)
TEE OFF: McCall Golf Club (0.5 miles), Whitetail Golf Club (2.7 miles)
DINING: Fogglifter Cafe (0.7 miles), The Sushi Bar (0.7 miles), My Father’s Place (0.8 miles), The Pancake House (1.5 miles), Pueblo Lindo (2.5 miles)
AIRPORTS: McCall Municipal Airport (2.2 miles), Boise Airport (110 miles)
Loved our time in McCall. Small, basic close
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi there, we’re so glad you enjoyed your time in McCall, but we’re sorry other aspects fell short of expectations. After sending your feedback to the owner, they’d like to share the following: The unit is 860 sq. feet which was inaccurately displayed on our listing. We're working on updating this to ensure accuracy. If there's anything we can do to provide a 5-star experience, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Add about 30+ years to the photos of the condo. The front step to enter the condo is a doozy! Needs a mini step, plus the rug at the door was falling apart and looked like it had been there for years.
The kitchen was dirty upon arrival. Food on the stove, microwave plate was gross. Refrigerator hadn’t been cleaned. Found a few Cheerio’s in the dish tray for clean dishes. Floor was sticky. Toast crumbs on the toaster. The kitchen utensils…minimum. Needed to wash them before using them as I found food on them.
The “lazy boy” chair was worn and dirty, as was the sofa. You sank in when you sat down.
The bathroom…the toilet leaks from the bottom, had to use towels to soak up the water. The Water Pressure in the shower was good though. Towels were worn. You got to wonder if the towels you are using were the same ones others had to use to “mop up the floor.”
The upstairs was a lot warmer than the downstairs. Bed was comfortable.
No bathroom upstairs.
The owner asked that you “tidy up”and wash any dishes and put them away before you leave.”
Not sure what the cleaning fee covers. No instructions on where to put the trash, we took it to the gas station across the street.
We did not use the TV so not sure about that.
Overall, we would NOT stay here again. Not sure who is responsible for the upkeep of this property, but for cost, I’d look elsewhere.
David, The homeowners were surprised to read your review, as they are accustomed to providing 5-star experiences, and would like to clarify the following:
Owner's response: "David, We offer all our guests a clean, comfortable place to relax and make memories. We have been in business for 24 years and have many guests who were pleased and grateful leaving wonderful feedback and 5-star reviews. We're sorry that this was not the place for you, but we have made many changes and updates throughout the years to ensure our guests have what they need. At this time we have had only one 3.5-star review and then there was yours.
- The rug is called "distressed" and was bought new last fall. You are our first complaint about this.
- As seen in the photos of the listing, there is one step leading into the condos. We have verbiage in the listing that steps are required and may be difficult for guests with limited mobility.
- The towels are new and in very good condition, they are clean and sanitized between each booking. We would never use the same towels that our guests use to clean the floor, our cleaners have mops. We are very respectful of our guests.
- I clean and sanitize the floors and they were clean, perhaps you had something on your shoe?
- We provide the basics in the kitchen and have never had any complaints that they were not sufficient. All of the cutlery is brand new.
- The sectional sofa and recliner are both clean and comfortable, we have not had any complaints about either.
- I take cleanliness very seriously and make sure that the microwave, stove, and refrigerator are always clean and spotless.
- I wish you had called about the leak and the other issues so that I could have taken care of them for you. It is easier if I can fix things right away instead of when you've left.
We truly go above and beyond for our guests, and are confident that future guests will have excellent stays! We will continue to deliver the 5-star experiences we are known for."
This condo was perfect for our family ski weekend in McCall! The small kitchen was well equipped with everything we needed to cook breakfasts and dinners, the living room couch was cozy with extra blankets and pillows, and upstairs each kid had their own bed in the loft. The beds were comfortable and I appreciated the games (we played Yahtzee) and the old school stereo with 20 disc changer
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
From the Owner: "Thank you for the kind review Tawny."
This was a very comfortable condo with excellent supplies
Main sleeping fir 4 guests upstairs so regulating heat and only main floor bathroom were issues
It was close to downtown and ski hill