No matter the season, this Irwin home is your ideal Idaho destination! This 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental is perfect for a fun, adventurous group trip. In the winter months, take advantage of the nearby snowmobile trails and make the drive to ski hills like Jackson Hole and Kelly Canyon. In the summer months, nearby pontoon rentals and an on-site boat launch will let you easily spend your days on the water. Plus, pass time in nature by horseback riding, hiking, fishing, and more!
OUTDOOR EXPLORATION: Palisades Reservoir/Snake River (on-site access), Palisades Creek Trailhead (3 miles), Calamity Point (8 miles), Fall Creek Falls (12 miles), South Fork Lodge & Outfitters (13 miles), Heise Hot Springs (36 miles)
WORTH THE DRIVE: Kelly Canyon Resort (39 miles), Grand Targhee Resort (49 miles), Idaho Falls (51 miles), Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (54 miles), Grand Teton National Park (61 miles), Caribou-Targhee National Forest (112 miles), Yellowstone National Park (135 miles)
BREWS + POURS: Melvin Brewing - Alpine Brewery (22 miles), Wildlife Brewing (28 miles), Highpoint Cider (29 miles), Grand Teton Brewing Company (29 miles)
AIRPORT: Jackson Hole Airport (66 miles)
It is an older house with some issues but not a bad place to stay. Unfortunately, the portable air conditioner could not keep the place cool. The owner supplied all of the dishes, towels and shampoos that we might need. We tried to deal with the heat in the house by going out most of the day. We had a definite problem with the owner. When I rent a house I expect a certain amount of privacy. The owner showed up to the house everyday saying that he had a package coming. As we all know, you can get tracking information online. I also told him that I would let him know when the package was there. He continued to show up but I'm not sure why. There was never a package at the door. Our fourth day I came out of the bathroom and he was standing there. It made me feel very unsafe. There is also a camera in the house and a maid that goes in and out of the downstairs. I contacted Vrbo but they were absolutely no help. They told me I should have taken pictures from the bathroom as proof that he had come in the house.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Heather, we take it seriously when guests let us know that we missed the mark, and after sending your feedback to the homeowner, they’d like to share the following:
- We operate additional short-term rentals on the property, including glamping tents and a cabin. This information is clearly stated in both the listing and pre-stay communication to ensure that guests are aware before booking. In the provided manual, there is a description indicating that we may be in the basement of the house from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, primarily for laundry purposes. We are actively working to ensure that all guests are made aware of this information before booking to prevent any surprises.
- The listing does state that there are three window A/C units and two ceiling fans as central A/C is not required for this property due to the cool mountain climate. It's important to note that our property doesn't offer or advertise central A/C due to the rarity of high temperatures in this area.
- Since we were on the property managing the laundry, we'd occasionally inquire about package deliveries when we saw you. We apologize if this came across as intrusive. Given that we were present while managing our other rentals, it seemed natural to ask when we saw you.
- The camera in question is located in the basement and is always unplugged, rendering it inactive. We're actively working on having it removed to prevent any further similar comments or concerns.
- We sincerely apologize for entering the property without permission. We approached the front door out of concern, as we observed two dogs and two cats left alone all day. Upon noticing damage to the door, we knocked first and said 'Hello' as we opened the door. In the future, we'll reach out to Evolve's Trust & Safety Team with similar concerns so they can help walk us through the proper procedure.
Thanks for your valuable feedback as we continue to improve for future guests!
We had a great stay at the green house on the river. Everything was very clean and comfortable and the fishing was good. Thanks again
Truly a terrific value for the price and a solid basecamp for outdoorsy adventures! The property manager was fantastic - responsive, kind and friendly! Felt like interacting with someone you know already. The property was fun and we really enjoyed the river access. Note - this site is a bit like camping but in a house. The property is shared - like a campground. There are other renters in little cabins and such. The home is older, has some issues, isnt spotless or fancy. The staff access the basement to do laundry etc for the other sites on the property. They're quite courteous and respectful of your space though - never saw them and we had no issues at all. If you have dogs that like to get into things, they will require supervision here (e.g., home is next to busy road, items like paint are accessible - in a storage area blocked off with curtain in the house, and the yard is not enclosed). Your dogs will absolutely love exploring though - so many good things to see and sniff! Bed was comfy and the house had everything we needed. Coffee and water bottles were provided and much appreciated! The surrrounding area has countless opportunities for outdoor adventures and the scenery was beautiful! Enjoy!
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.