Head to the Island of Hawai’i for black-sand beaches, lush surroundings, and endless adventure. This peaceful Keaau vacation rental has all the essentials for a laid-back getaway, including beautiful views, a private backyard, and a central location near everything on your itinerary. Spend your days relaxing in the sand, shopping in Hilo, or visiting Hawaii Volcanoes National Park! After exploring the island, return to the 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom home for a drink on the deck.
SAND & SUN: Shipman Beach/Haena Beach (4 miles), Makuʻu Point (6 miles), Hilo Bayfront Beach Park (13 miles), Carlsmith Beach Park (15 miles), Kehena Black Sand Beach (21 miles)
THINGS TO SEE & DO: Panaewa Rainforest Zoo and Gardens (9 miles), Hilo Municipal Golf Course (9 miles), Liliʻuokalani Park and Gardens (13 miles), Wailuku River State Park (14 miles), Kaumana Caves (17 miles), Hawai‘i Tropical Bioreserve & Garden (20 miles)
EXPLORE THE ISLAND: Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park (26 miles), Papakōlea Green Sand Beach (76 miles), Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area (83 miles), Magic Sands Beach Park (91 miles), Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park (105 miles)
AIRPORT: Hilo International Airport (13 miles)
The home was very quiet,clean, comfy and roomy, and lots of beds, towels, and blankets. Everything was great. The only thing was the internet was out and minimal cell reception. Would definitely rent here again. Check-in process was so easy too.
First of all, we rented this house for 7 people and the house was ready for only 4.
The pullout sofas were there but no bed sheets, no pillows, no blankets.... I tried to reach our guest contact on the phone but of course no answer from her.
I had sent her a previous mail and it took her ages to answer me by a question which was not relevant. nonetheless, I sent her the required information because she couldn't find it with our family name but she never aswered my question.
Besides, the pictures you provide on your site are much nicer than the reality.
We booked the reservation hoping to do some BBQ in the lanai... No BBQ at all ! We found it completely burnt and distroyed in the garage.
Worst of all, cockroaches everywhere : dead and alive, under the sofas when we pulled them out, on the walls, in the drawers, on the floor... You can answer me that cockroach is common here, but cleaning the house is the least to do. Besides, we found bread crumbs left on the table, filthy cupboards...
And it's a shame to rent a house with such dusty carpets and uncomfortable sofas. The price we paid is well above the service.
As proof, I can provide you pictures later.
We would like to have a subsidy as a compensation for the poor service/accomodation.
Hoping to hear from you soon....
Hi Veronique, we want our guests to rest easy when they stay with us, and we apologize you experienced some issues during your trip. We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
- We strive to provide our guests with a great guest experience, so we were disappointed to hear your feedback and want to take a moment to address your concerns.
- We take our listing accuracy seriously and only advertise the property as a two bedroom with two queen beds and two sleeper sofas. Where the queen beds are fully prepared for each guests stay, guests are required to make up the sleeper sofa's as needed for sleeping. Linens, blankets and pillows for these additional sleeping areas can be found in the linen closet. We wish we had been made aware, we would have been more than happy to help you locate them.
- We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, the previous guests that checked out the same day as your arrival caused damage to the BBQ rendering it inoperable. We were unable to replace/repair it in time for your stay and have since followed up with Evolve to remove this from our listing.
- Due to the location of the property, certain critters are prevalent in the area. The property was treated the same day as your arrival, and it is typical after a treatment, critters will come out as they are dying, but we're truly sorry this happened during your stay.
- We use a cleaning service to professionally clean the home before each guests stay. This includes, the cleaning of the carpeting. We will follow up with our cleaning team to ensure future guests do not share the same experience.
We do all we can to make the best possible stay, and we look forward to this property hosting many satisfied guests
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.