An idyllic escape awaits at this 3-bedroom, 2.5-bath home in Camino. Located 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe, this vacation rental offers a peaceful respite from the crowds, while still maintaining easy access to plenty of outdoor recreation and family-friendly fun. Just next door, take advantage of Apple Hill Farm's seasonal events, tasting rooms, and pick-your-own orchards. Even closer to home, venture out your back door to explore 10 acres of scenic trails and stunning nature views.
APPLE HILL FARMS (on-site): Over 40 seasonal orchards w/ pick-your-own apples, pumpkins, & flowers, horses, breweries, wineries, family-friendly activities
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS: Apple Mountain Golf Resort (3.9 miles), Gold Bug Park & Mine (9.8 miles), El Dorado County Historical Museum (11.2 miles), Sly Park Recreation Area (12.5 miles), Red Hawk Casino (16.0 miles), Folsom Lake State Recreation Area (29.5 miles)
SCENIC PARKS & TRAILS: El Dorado Trail (4.3 miles), Cedar Park Trail (12.3 miles), Red Shack Trailhead (12.5 miles), Dutch Creek Falls Trailhead (18.8 miles), Dave Moore Nature Area (20.2 miles), Cronan Ranch Regional Trails Park (24.4 miles)
WINERIES: Nello Olivo Winery (2.9 miles), Crystal Basin Cellars (3.0 miles), Findleton Estate & Winery (3.1 miles), Via Romano Vineyards (3.5 miles), Madrona Vineyards (4.6 miles), Lava Cap Winery (6.0 miles)
DAY TRIPS: Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort (40.0 miles), Heavenly Mountain Resort (53.4 miles), Emerald Bay State Park (58.5 miles)
AIRPORT: Sacramento International Airport (62.5 miles)
We thoroughly enjoyed the peaceful location and its proximity to all the places we had planned to visit during our stay. If we ever return to Camino, we would certainly choose to stay here again.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
A plus is the price, not bad but shouldn't be since its in Camino.
However it was 3 bedroom. Master has a king size bed, small sofa table on side wall other than that no side tables, no lamps for reading. I suggest you bring your own pillows unless you like to sleep on a totally flat pillow. Master bathroom was okay, not much counter space.
We were in town for a wedding and all needed to take showers, there were 6 adults. Guess what NO HOT WATER!!!!!! Went and checked hot water heater and it was on vacation mode!!!! NOT GOOD!! Needless to say a cold shower is not fun.
One of the upstairs bedroom had a queen bed.
the other was suppose to have 2 twins but had a full size and my husband found a twin foam piece under the bed and I guess that was suppose to be another bed??? One small bathroom upstairs.
No utility kitchen knives. My husband also had to fix the carbon monoxide alarm it kept beeping because of low battery.
Just know the drive once you get off the freeway is a very long precarious one. A dirt rutted drive, very dusty and steep. A couple hairpin turns.
A couple of nice things are the deer that live around the house. They would run off when you came out but always came back. Very cute.
Hi Stacy, thanks for taking the time to review your stay. After reading your feedback, the homeowner wanted to share the following:
- Firstly, we want to assure you that everything advertised about the property is true. The master bedroom's light and fan are equipped with a dimmer that can be controlled using a remote.
- Most of the pillows are Costco brand, and we strive to provide various styles and firmness levels in each room and closet, ensuring our guests have options that suit their preferences.
- The master bathroom features a standard 2-sink vanity, just as advertised.
- We have never had an issue with water heat at our property, and a new water heater was installed in 2020. We haven't received any reports regarding this matter from other guests, but we apologize if you experienced any inconvenience in this regard.
- The listing does say that Bedroom 3 is furnished with a full bed and a twin trundle.
- There is an entire drawer full of sharp kitchen knives for our guests' convenience.
- We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the carbon monoxide alarm. It was functioning properly during our check three days prior to your arrival.
- There are two hairpin turns out of the three turns, which are less than one mile from the freeway exit.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your insights are invaluable to us as we continue to improve our guests' experience.
Huge kitchen well stocked with cooking supplies and utensils. Plenty of room in the bedrooms. Living room large with great views. Outdoor was enjoyable, too...lighting, fire pit, and corn hole.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.