Located in Patagonia — one-third of Southern Arizona’s ‘Mountain Empire’ — this colorful vacation rental is a dream come true for birders and desert explorers. Built in 1928 from the Sears, Roebuck and Co. catalog, this 2-bed, 1-bath home sets vintage charm against a high-desert backdrop. Cast your line in Patagonia Lake, or encounter unique birds at the nearby Paton Center for Hummingbirds. Later, return home to ‘The Roebuck Roadhouse’ for dinner on the porch and Red Mountain views.
THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Patagonia Lake State Park (11 miles), Patagonia Lake (12 miles), Tumacácori National Historical Park (32 miles), Coronado National Forest (40 miles), Kartchner Caverns State Park (42 miles), Saguaro National Park (53 miles)
THINGS TO DO: Paton Center for Hummingbirds (0.6 miles), Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve Visitor Center (2 miles), Trail Dust Town (60 miles), San Xavier del Bac Mission (67 miles), Old Tucson (70 miles), Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (73 miles)
VINEYARDS: Wilhelm Family Vineyards (18 miles), Rune Wines (20 miles), Callaghan Vineyards (20 miles), Sonoita Vineyards (25 miles), Charron Vineyards (32 miles)
AIRPORT: Tucson International Airport (56 miles)
We wanted to stay in the area a few days so we wanted a home base. This house was beyond our expectations, a spacious and convenient location to explore Patagonia but also a vintage home with attention to art and detail on every level. We wanted to stay longer. What a treat. Thanks so much.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
I loved the look and the idea of a genuine Sears & Roebuck house from the 20s. It's absolutely adorable, and the owners have gone to great lengths to make it authentic, yet updated. We arrived early, so I called the host to see if we could check in early. We were in the yard of the house and could see that the front door was standing open, screen door closed, and many lights in the house burning. Host couldn't get back to us right away, so we found something to do and ended up checking in @ 3.We parked in the alley behind the house, and went in through a small gate. The gate post was so rotten it nearly fell off. Went around to the front door, which was still wide open, screen door closed. I was disappointed to see that the lovely wood floor inside was dirty, there was grime on the screen door, the sinks and shower were dirty and faucets had old dirt and rust embedded around the base. There is a back door with steps and a mat at the bottom..which was embedded in dirt. I really wanted to love this property. It has everything you could possibly want available to you, but it just wasn't clean. I'm not sure how long it's been since the owners inspected it, but they need to do so right away.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Hi Karen, we’re sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. We followed up with the owner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
- Thank you for the kind words about the property. We have put a lot of time and effort into upgrades and vintage and antique home furnishings and additions to enhance the 1920’s ambiance.
- The exterior is next on our list, to include tearing out some of the existing trees, the old gate, and the existing block wall to create a parking space. Our guests usually park out in front of the house and the back and side of the property is not typically used by guests.
- Your request for an early check-in was received and approved right away, but it appears you did not receive the message. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Evidently, our housekeeper leaves the house open and the lights on for guests, which we were unaware of. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Moving forward, we will have a different approach for guest arrivals.
- As for the kitchen, there is some calcium build up around the faucet as a result of the Arizona water. We have been unsuccessful in finding a faucet replacement that will fit into the original iron/enamel sink. We intend to keep both the original metal kitchen cabinets and the cast iron sink and hope to find a replacement faucet soon.
- We also have plans to landscape the front courtyard area this winter.
We’d love the chance to provide you with a truly 5-star travel experience, so please keep us in mind for your future travels to Patagonia!
Super cute quiet home right in Patagonia. Great place to stay and do some local exploration. Highly recommend.
Such a wonderful stay, we really loved this location with walking distance to everything! We did notice lots of little touches by the owner that make this home truly unique + special. Very cozy + comfortable. We will be back!
Reach out help with general questions about the property.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.