Enjoy an essential Arizona getaway at this 4-bedroom, 3-bath Eagar vacation rental! This family-friendly home is nestled at the base of the White Mountains, surrounded by beautiful natural scenery and wildlife. Stay home, and you'll have 2 living rooms for relaxing indoors, along with ample space to play and dine outside. Looking for more adventures? Go fishing on Becker Lake, shred the slopes at Sunrise Park Resort, or visit the animals at R Lazy J Wildlife Ranch — endless possibilities await!
OUTDOOR FUN: Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest (surrounding area), Becker Lake (7 miles), Sipe White Mountain Wildlife Area (15 miles)
SEE & DO: R Lazy J Wildlife Ranch (4 miles), White Mountain Dinosaur Exploration Center (5 miles), Casa Malpais Archaeological Park & Museum (5 miles)
DAY TRIPS: Sunrise Park Resort (23 miles), Hon-Dah Casino (40 miles), Petrified Forest National Park (99 miles)
AIRPORTS: Show Low Regional Airport (50 miles), Albuquerque International Sunport (206 miles)
We had a great time at this vacation rental. There were 3 couples over 60. All beds were upstairs which we already knew. One couple used the downstairs bath for their private bathroom which worked out fine. The back deck was where we spent most of our time. We saw bull elk each morning which was so fun. I would suggest to bringing camp chairs which is what we did. The chairs provided by the owners are part of the dining set outside and are a little hard but work if you don't have anything else. Unfortunately, the outside grill didn't have a connection to propane and was dirty so we weren't able to use it. We did, however, eat several of our meals outside on the deck where there is ample space with seating for at least 12 adults. Everything else about the property was as stated. There is no A/C upstairs so we used a large fan (provided) in the upstairs hallway and opened the windows which provided a cool breeze in the evening. The updated kitchen was nice and roomy with new appliances and a large kitchen table where we enjoyed playing games. There is good internet and we were able to watch tv.The home is located in a quiet and secluded area not too far from town or the Big Lake area.The check in/check out process was very user friendly and our overall stay was very positive. Given the opportunity we would stay here again and recommend it to others.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
This property is nicely updated with plenty of space to relax and enjoy friends & food. It was clean and the beds/linens were comfy. Close to town and only 20 minutes or so to the Big Lake recreation area or Sunrise Ski Park. The deck outside had tables and chairs for at least 12 people and we saw some beautiful bull elk every morning. However the grill didn’t work and the bedrooms were a little stuffy but we opened the windows for a breeze which helped a lot. The home was easily accessible with a keyless pad and check out was simple. We look forward to staying here again.
The house was more in need of updating than I had anticipated for the price.
Hi Kaitlyn, the right vacation home is everything, and we're disappointed if this wasn't the one for you. We followed up with the homeowner after reading your feedback, and they wanted to share the following:
- The listing does state that the home is rustic and located in the mountains of a small community, but we are sorry if this caught you off guard. We encourage guests to thoroughly review the listing before booking, to ensure they find the perfect vacation home for their needs.
- We use professional photographers so we can be sure that our images accurately reflect each property and guests can decide before booking if the decor meets their expectations.
- We value being transparent and accommodating to all guests and would have been more than happy to walk you through the exact layout of the home had you inquired during the booking process.
- We have rented this home for two years and this is the first review that has not been anything but positive. Since the home is located up in the mountains, the views are beautiful and guests have the possibility of seeing wildlife such as deer, turkey, elk, bears, and mountain lions.
- While we do regret our home was not up to your expectations, we are happy to report that no issues were reported by the guests who stayed the following weekend. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is important to us!
Great location to easily get in the mountains while the family stays in town. Pull through drive way makes it easy to bring a trailer too
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
This home in Eager is exactly as described - super clean, convenient, and very roomy. The back deck is large and spacious and has a nice view of the surrounding countryside. The bed and linens in the master bedroom were comfortable and the ceiling fan added to the comfort level. I only have good things to say about this property and would certainly stay here again if in the area.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.