Gear up for an unforgettable trip to the Last Frontier! You’ll love topping off your adventures with at-home relaxation, made easy in this 4-bedroom, 3-bath vacation rental cabin. This Alaskan hideaway sits close to the shore of the Kenai River and minutes from access to the Gulf of Alaska, so excitement is always around the corner. Complete your afternoon fishing trip by grilling up the catch of the day, gather by the fire pit for late-night stargazing, or head into Kenai to grab a local bite.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITY: Kenai River (steps away), Soldotna Creek Park (7.0 miles), Kenai Beach (7.5 miles), Big Eddy State Recreational Site (9.4 miles), Clam Gulch State Recreation Site (27.3 miles), Kenai Fjords National Park (98.5 miles)
FISHING GUIDES: King of the River Fishing (2.0 miles), Rod ‘N Real (5.2 miles), R.W.’s Fishing Guide Services (9.8 miles), Fish Magnet Guide Service (9.7 miles)
DOWNTOWN SOLDOTNA (7.2 miles): Local & chain restaurants, breweries, cafes, shopping, entertainment, essential conveniences
VISITOR CENTERS: Kenai Visitor & Cultural Center (6.5 miles), Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center (6.8 miles)
FOOD & DRINK: The Duck Inn Bar and Restaurant (2.3 miles), Mykel’s Restaurant (7.3 miles), Buckets Sports Grill (7.2 miles)
AIRPORTS: Kenai Municipal Airport (6.8 miles), Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (154 miles)
This was a great house for eight of us to use while fishing the Kenai and taking fly outs from Nikiski
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
The cabin is spacious and attractive, though the porch was dusty and the lawn was overgrown with weeds and grass. As vacation property renters ourselves, we are used to impeccable attention to detail, and by our standards, this place was lacking an owner's caring and careful touch. Here's our list of issues:
- We emailed the contact with questions about the area and never heard back
- We texted because the Wify password that is posted wasn't connecting us at first. She was rather clueless.
- The main floor king bed (though not terrible) was not very comfortable - It did not have a pillow-top layer and the sheets were cheap and the quality of the king-sized pillows was terrible. There were no extra pillows.
- Upon our arrival, the main floor bedroom was much colder than the rest of the house. Turns out, the heating vent (which was under the middle of the head of the bed) was completely closed. We looked around a while until we found it... but couldn't reach it, so we pushed the bed away from the wall and squeezed opened the vent, thus resolving the problem
- There are signs to "be kind to the kitchen drain." That is because it clogs no matter what and there is no functioning garbage disposal. We were very careful to not even put crumbs on the left side of the sink, but it clogged anyway. We unclogged it with the TOILET PLUNGER! For all intents and purposes, that side of the double sink is unusable.
- While there were a nice amount of spices and food items in the pantry (most likely left from previous guests), other supplies were very low or completely out: no aluminum foil, no saran wrap, 4" of parchment paper left, no baggies (of any size), only two containers for storing leftovers, no salad spinner, no salad bowl, no large platters.
- No Laundry pods and very little laundry soap (about 1/2 cup) for a party of 6 who were doing outdoorsy stuff and staying a week. 4 little laundry pods would have been nice.
Aside from these comfort and convenience details, the cabin is very nice and nicely laid out for a family group.
Hi Gregory, thanks for taking the time to review your stay. After reading your feedback, the homeowner wanted to share the following:
- We apologize for the lawn being longer than expected during your stay. Unfortunately, our regular landscaper was unavailable, and we were unaware of the situation until after your visit.
- We have spoken with our on-site guest contact and emphasized the importance of being available for any questions or concerns you may have had. Additionally, we have provided local information in a notebook on-site, as well as activity pamphlets to enhance your overall experience.
- Regarding the Wifi, while it is the only network that appears for connection, it is possible for the system to experience occasional disruptions given the Alaska location. We understand the inconvenience this may have caused, and we will improve the visibility of the password by posting it in an additional location.
- The vents in the property are designed to be easily opened and are located on the floor. We recognize that they can be accidentally closed during housekeeping tasks such as sweeping, vacuuming, or dust mopping. We will ensure that our housekeeping staff checks and opens the vents after completing their cleaning duties.
- Although the bed in the master does not have a pillow top, it does have a 3-inch memory foam built-in topper. We understand that mattress and pillow preferences can vary, and we regret any discomfort you may have experienced.
- We acknowledge that large platters were not available during your stay. To enhance future bookings, we will add a couple of large platters to our supplies.
- As is common with many vacation rentals, we do not provide aluminum foil, Saran wrap, or Ziploc bags. However, we will provide some additional containers for food storage of leftovers. We have provided containers in the past, and they have slowly disappeared each year.
Thank you once again for sharing your feedback. It helps us identify areas for improvement, and we are committed to enhancing the quality of our accommodations and service.
We had a very good time, and the cabin was very nice and in close proximity to where we were fishing. We would definitely stay there again.
House was very spacious and comfortable. A must stay. Clean and nice plus the wonderful yard and extra parking. Can not go wrong if you have a large group of people in this house.
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
It is a beautiful home. We were extremely happy with our stay as the property was clean, nicely decorated, and well-stocked for guests. You won't regret staying here.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.