Take in the stunning scenery while you live like a local in this Colorado Springs vacation rental! This charming 3-bedroom, 2-bath home is located off Old City Colorado - home to local cafes, restaurants, and shops. Explore the great outdoors, like Red Rock Canyon Open Space and Garden of the Gods, both featuring tons of beautiful hikes. After a day of exploring the area come home to a well-appointed interior with contemporary décor, a fully equipped kitchen, and a private fenced-in backyard!
EXPLORE THE AREA: The Broadmoor (3.8 miles), Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (5.4 miles), Cave of the Winds Mountain Park (5.4 miles), United States Air Force Academy (8.9 miles), Falcon Stadium (12.4 miles)
SEE THE SIGHTS: The Broadmoor Seven Falls (1.8 miles), Garden of the Gods (3.6 miles), Manitou Cliff Dwellings (4.2 miles), Manitou Incline (5.2 miles), Cheyenne Mountain State Park (8.4 miles), Pikes Peak (9.0 miles)
HISTORICAL SPOTS: Ghost Town Museum (0.9 miles), Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum (3.2 miles), Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site (3.6 miles), Penrose Heritage Museum (3.7 miles), Miramont Castle (5.5 miles)
GRAB A DRINK: Colorado Mountain Brewery (0.8 miles), Cerberus Brewing Company (2.2 miles), Phantom Canyon Brewing Company (3.0 miles), Bristol Brewing Company (3.9 miles)
AIRPORTS: Colorado Springs Airport (13.8 miles), Denver International Airport (87.1 miles)
Overall the house was nice and spacious. The A/C is not "central air", it consisted of a window unit in the master bedroom and then another unit out in the main room. The first night it was pretty warm (over 90 outside that day) especially in the "other" two bedrooms. Other days, the AC kept up pretty well. The outside is not a place you'd really want to spend any time...no nice area to hang out. This didn't matter to us because we were really busy out and about! The living room, dining room, and kitchen were great, tons of room for our family of four. One bed is pretty soft/springy, so our daughter ended up with the extra mattress from the bunk beds on the floor of her room. Location is really great and we appreciated that for sure!
The neighborhood was quiet and the location was very good for our activities. The bedrooms were well suited to our group. The kitchen was well stocked with new appliances. There were thoughtful touches like laundry supplies.
The carpet was very stained. The furniture was stressed. Two members of our group suffer from allergies. Although the listing said no pets, someone, possibly the owner has a pet. The cloth couch had to be covered before they could sit on it. The biggest problem for us was the listing said it had air conditioning. There was a small unit in the bedroom and floor mounted unit in the dining room. These two units were not enough to keep the house cool. We were forced to go to Walmart to buy floor fans to attempt to keep the air moving and even then it was difficult to cool the whole house. It was hotter than usual for the time of year.
Hi Joseph, we're glad that you enjoyed this house overall, but sorry your stay fell short in certain areas. We followed up with the homeowner, who would like to share the following:
- I do have a dog, but she has not been in the house in over six months. It has been cleaned dozens of times since then, and the sofas have been shampooed many times as well. No other guests have reported issues with allergies.
- The furniture can be seen in listing photos. While it is not brand new, everything is cleaned regularly, and nothing is broken or missing pieces.
- There were a few spots on the carpet from previous guests that my housekeeper was not able to remove. A professional carpet cleaning occurred after your stay, so the carpets look great now!
- I wish you had let me know about the temperature. I would have been happy to check the units and explain how to keep the house at a comfortable 65-68 degrees. I could have brought fans over if needed as well.
- I have time blocked on the calendar for the end of July, and central air will be installed then. I am confident that future guests will find my home clean and comfortable!
This property had everything you could possibly want! The house was very clean and the kitchen was so nice! The location was great. We covered Mannitou, Colorado Springs, and hit the Royal Gorge. Thank you so much for sharing your home with us. We had a great vacation!
*This review was originally posted on Vrbo
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.